Jump to content
Frobby

Dean Kremer 2019

Recommended Posts

Kremer is a good example of why if there isn't a negative change in profile, not to be worried about a little run of poor performance. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that Kremer had 8 starts at AA last year and 8 this year,  is he ready for a promotion to AAA?   He will need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this off season.  It would probably be good for have him to get some AAA experience this season IMO.  He seems to have regained is productive now since the injury.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Considering that Kremer had 8 starts at AA last year and 8 this year,  is he ready for a promotion to AAA?   He will need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this off season.  It would probably be good for have him to get some AAA experience this season IMO.  He seems to have regained is productive now since the injury.

Kremer will certainly be protected on the 40-man this offseason but I'm not sure that will affect his promotion. Kremer needs more consistency with his curveball and his change and slider needs to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch the last month of the season in AAA, but there's no hurry in my opinion. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Kremer will certainly be protected on the 40-man this offseason but I'm not sure that will affect his promotion. Kremer needs more consistency with his curveball and his change and slider needs to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch the last month of the season in AAA, but there's no hurry in my opinion. 

As a pitching coach what do you think of Kennie Steenstra vs Mike Griffin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

As a pitching coach what do you think of Kennie Steenstra vs Mike Griffin?

I can't really rate them honestly. I haven't spoken to Griffin in years, but he's always been though of well. Steenstra is a doing a great job at Bowie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Kremer getting in on the fun at Bowie. OD 2021. 

Quick recovery from TJS?  😇 j/k caffeine talking .....

Edited by bobmc
attempt at mirth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seriously that confused someone?

You confound me every day but I am (almost) 76!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 9:24 PM, Luke-OH said:

Kremer is a good example of why if there isn't a negative change in profile, not to be worried about a little run of poor performance. 

A great example.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nitpicking here, but a lot more fly outs than ground outs.  Great start though, hoping to see him as a rotation fixture by mid 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kremer with 6 shutout innings today, 4 hits, 3 walks, 6 strikeouts. Presumably he’s done after throwing 98 pitches, 59 for strikes.   ERA to 3.04.     

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...