Frobby

Dean Kremer 2019

Kremer is a good example of why if there isn't a negative change in profile, not to be worried about a little run of poor performance. 

• Upvote 1

Considering that Kremer had 8 starts at AA last year and 8 this year,  is he ready for a promotion to AAA?   He will need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this off season.  It would probably be good for have him to get some AAA experience this season IMO.  He seems to have regained is productive now since the injury.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Considering that Kremer had 8 starts at AA last year and 8 this year,  is he ready for a promotion to AAA?   He will need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft this off season.  It would probably be good for have him to get some AAA experience this season IMO.  He seems to have regained is productive now since the injury.

Kremer will certainly be protected on the 40-man this offseason but I'm not sure that will affect his promotion. Kremer needs more consistency with his curveball and his change and slider needs to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch the last month of the season in AAA, but there's no hurry in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Kremer will certainly be protected on the 40-man this offseason but I'm not sure that will affect his promotion. Kremer needs more consistency with his curveball and his change and slider needs to improve. I wouldn't mind seeing him pitch the last month of the season in AAA, but there's no hurry in my opinion. 

As a pitching coach what do you think of Kennie Steenstra vs Mike Griffin?

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

As a pitching coach what do you think of Kennie Steenstra vs Mike Griffin?

I can't really rate them honestly. I haven't spoken to Griffin in years, but he's always been though of well. Steenstra is a doing a great job at Bowie.

8 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Kremer getting in on the fun at Bowie. OD 2021. 

Quick recovery from TJS?  😇 j/k caffeine talking .....

Edited by bobmc
attempt at mirth

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Seriously that confused someone?

You confound me every day but I am (almost) 76!  

On 7/2/2019 at 9:24 PM, Luke-OH said:

Kremer is a good example of why if there isn't a negative change in profile, not to be worried about a little run of poor performance. 

A great example.  

Nitpicking here, but a lot more fly outs than ground outs.  Great start though, hoping to see him as a rotation fixture by mid 2020.

Kremer with 6 shutout innings today, 4 hits, 3 walks, 6 strikeouts. Presumably he’s done after throwing 98 pitches, 59 for strikes.   ERA to 3.04.     

• Upvote 1