orpheus100

Is this team worse than last year?

This isn't a professional sports franchise.  It's a running joke and a national embarrassment.  That 2 run double play ball the other day sums up the whole outfit. Calling it AAA is generous.  The fans shouldn't be insulted by being asked to support this laughable crap.  Angelos is a con man and a disgrace..  I've watched them for 50 some years but don't really care if they fold or move.  This is horrendous.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 9

1 minute ago, AndresMora said:

This isn't a professional sports franchise.  It's a running joke and a national embarrassment.  That 2 run double play ball the other day sums up the whole outfit. Calling it AAA is generous.  The fans shouldn't be insulted by being asked to support this laughable crap.  Angelos is a con man and a disgrace..  I've watched them for 50 some years but don't really care if they fold or move.  This is horrendous.

They should merge with the Marlins and move 1/2 way between the 2 cities.  Maybe South Carolina?  The Charlotte Orilins?

Just now, MongoBoy said:

They should merge with the Marlins and move 1/2 way between the 2 cities.  Maybe South Carolina?  The Charlotte Orilins?

Sounds good.  Anything would be an improvement over this.

My mistake.  Charlotte is NC.   Somewhere near Mayberry?  But it doesn't really matter.  Bury the 2 teams in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by MongoBoy

7 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

My mistake.  Charlotte is NC.   Somewhere near Mayberry?  But it doesn't really matter.  Bury the 2 teams in the middle of nowhere.

Mayberry Ant Bees.You knew they were going to be bad for a few years.The big free agent signing was Karns.And according to Bordick,the first game this year being able to watch,said Hyde was one of the best managers in the  game.The coaches are working hard and the players are watching many videos  Not sure what videos but maybe ones kids cant watch But heard the Orioles are resilient  Maybe also pliable and adhesive resistant. Bordick and Hunter never talk about the other team but spend the whole time talking about how great and hard working everyone is.

To me, last year's team was much worse through 46 games because there is no way that collection of players should ever have been that terrible.  This year's team doesn't have much in the way of major league talent, so their 15-31 record is actually perfectly reasonable given the personnel and a rookie manager.  The 14-32 Orioles of 2018 had no excuse for being that awful except that they simply quit. 

13 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Last years team was bad for lack of effort. This year’s team is a lack of talent. I prefer this style of bad.

Agreed. Watching last year’s team was frustrating because they were bad, but in no way they should have put up the worst record in franchise history.

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

To me, last year's team was much worse through 46 games because there is no way that collection of players should ever have been that terrible.  This year's team doesn't have much in the way of major league talent, so their 15-31 record is actually perfectly reasonable given the personnel and a rookie manager.  The 14-32 Orioles of 2018 had no excuse for being that awful except that they simply quit. 

This is where I am, too.  Last year I thought they'd be a decent team...not in the wild card hunt but I certainly didn't think they'd be the mess that they were.  They had too much talent to be THAT bad.

This team, as bad as it is, is way more enjoyable to watch.

2 hours ago, MongoBoy said:

If they merged with the Marlins they still would be a last place team.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is where I am, too.  Last year I thought they'd be a decent team...not in the wild card hunt but I certainly didn't think they'd be the mess that they were.  They had too much talent to be THAT bad.

This team, as bad as it is, is way more enjoyable to watch.

Really?  They lost 10 to nothing today.  Had 1 hit yesterday.  I am not sure what is enjoyable watching them.  In fact I have stopped.  Got a lot done this weekend around the house.  

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Last years team was bad for lack of effort. This year’s team is a lack of talent. I prefer this style of bad.

Well you could say there is lack of effort by management.  I would rather see more Players with major league talent.  I would like to see DJ Stewart, Sisco and Mountcastle come up.  Really there is no reason to watch a bunch of DFAs and Rule 5 picks struggle through a season when most of them will be out of baseball In a couple of years.   Cashier, Givens and Means have been playing well.  I guess that is the one positive.

7 minutes ago, atomic said:

Really?  They lost 10 to nothing today.  Had 1 hit yesterday.  I am not sure what is enjoyable watching them.  In fact I have stopped.  Got a lot done this weekend around the house.  

Well, to each their own.

• Upvote 2