orpheus100

Is this team worse than last year?

4 minutes ago, mdoriolefan said:

Then they shouldn't be there period.

Okay. Replace them with who?

I don't pretend to be a gm. Somebody in a lower level who has been determined to be a better player. I'm not saying I have all the answers but the status quo isn't working for me. There is no simple fix to this or it would already be moving forward. I'm just putting it out there that the level below mlb could be designed to have players that are show ready.

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

Those teams couldn’t be where they are without us. 

Torres and Sanchez are gonna owe our pitchers a big thank you at the end of the year. Torres has 10 of his 12 HR against us; Sanchez has 9 of his 15. That’s incredible. 

3 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Torres and Sanchez are gonna owe our pitchers a big thank you at the end of the year. Torres has 10 of his 12 HR against us; Sanchez has 9 of his 15. That’s incredible. 

And Frazier has what, 5 out of his 9?  Not sure....I lost count.  And I think to really evaluate how strong our opponents have been, we need to look at their records against everyone other than us.  We are literally nothing more than schedule filler to make sure everyone gets to play 162 games. 

6 minutes ago, waroriole said:

We may need to rest our starters for the All Star Eve proceedings.

1 minute ago, JR Oriole said:

And Frazier has what, 5 out of his 9?  Not sure....I lost count.  And I think to really evaluate how strong our opponents have been, we need to look at their records against everyone other than us.  We are literally nothing more than schedule filler to make sure everyone gets to play 162 games. 

I think we are looking at this the wrong way.  Just think how much more these guys are going to cost the Yankees in Arbitration with the O's inflating their stats.

Elias is playing the long game.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think we are looking at this the wrong way.  Just think how much more these guys are going to cost the Yankees in Arbitration with the O's inflating their stats.

Dammit that is funny. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

200.gif

I still think they end up with a better record then last year Many bad teams.The Tigers just got swept at hone by the Marlins. Marlins have won six in a row.Watch out Nationals.The Tigers series should be amazing. At least they dont hit homers or  much else.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

I still think they end up with a better record then last year Many bad teams.The Tigers just got swept at hone by the Marlins. Marlins have won six in a row.Watch out Nationals.The Tigers series should be amazing. At least they dont hit homers or  much else.

If we get swept by the Tigers next week we will know we are the worst.  There position players have totaled -2.1 WAR.  When terrible hitters face terrible pitching. 

Growing pains due to transition in a rebuild...The Stros were atrocious at one time & now they are a force to be reckon with.

keep it cool & things will improve

if Rex Barney was still here for this season, his signature catch phrase would be “Give that fan a cognac ! “

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mdoriolefan said:

MLB is complicit in all of this.  There should be some sort of penalties involved in having this terrible product representing them.  I don't know how or what they could do but something needs addressed.  The NBA instituted the draft lottery to combat tanking.  Maybe that could be a step in the right direction.  I would think the prospect of losing fans would be enough to keep teams from rebuilding this way but it doesn't seem to sway them. Inevitably the fans come roaring back once the team improves.  That is the case with the Astros anyway.  Maybe some sort of Insurance to alleviate the stupid overpriced contracts that prevent teams from releasing players that have seemingly forgotten how to play the game.

ftfy