Sign in to follow this  
Legend_Of_Joey

Keon Broxton acquired and more (DFA Broxton- Claimed by Mariners))

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Another pitcher on the roster?    I think I’d rather see Hays.   

Roch pointed out 2 of the next 3 series are in NL parks, so they will have a 4 man bench anyway. No need for it to get too crowded.

The guy seemed like a good dude and was a excellent defensive CFer, but he clearly can not hit major league pitching. The Orioles must be pretty confident that Santander and Wilkerson can hold down CF until Hays is ready.

• Upvote 2

Just now, mdbdotcom said:

Broxton DFA, so will they go with Santander/Wilkerson in CF or bring up Hays?

Maybe give Mancini a few games there, try and up his trade value.

• Haha 1

I hope so. The guy may only have so many games in him with the amount of time he's on the IL. As a fan I'd prefer seeing him in Baltimore.

Wilkerson has been playing really well the last two weeks which probably had a lot to do with it, but good to hear that Santander has earned the starting CF job for now. Wilkerson took Broxton's role form him and he deserves to have it. He's even pitched twice. No problem with this move at all.

I'm hoping Mason Williams gets his shot.  Not saying he will stick, but he's having a heck of a year at AAA and he hasn't been bad in MLB experience

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Wilkerson has been playing really well the last two weeks which probably had a lot to do with it, but good to hear that Santander has earned the starting CF job for now. Wilkerson took Broxton's role form him and he deserves to have it. He's even pitched twice. No problem with this move at all.

Yeah, with Santander and Wilkerson having the capability to not kill the team in CF, there really was no role for him anymore. I'd honestly be surprised if the Orioles keep him in the system after passes through waivers because there is nowhere to play him in Norfolk.

I have to think we are about to see Hays in the majors.  Its nice to hear all this about Santander/Wilkerson in center but  Hays is 333/388/689/1077 is July at AAA.   He is pretty ready for a try at the majors.

Elias could also be pretty close to a trade of Villar that could put Wilkerson at 2B.  O's are probably not paying  Villar 7m in arbitration.   I think the O's would take salary relief for him.

Who knew Wojo was going to pitch like this?

On 7/21/2019 at 2:31 PM, wildcard said:

Who knew Wojo was going to pitch like this?

Chris Waters told me he would.   Josh Towers confirmed it to me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1