orpheus100

Broxton is a STUD

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He's looks the part, no doubt, but there is a lot of miss in that swing. Defensively he should be an upgrade in center though. Seems like a decent guy to give a chance to and see if he can realize his tools, but he's a little long in the tooth to start thinking he's a nugget.

Oh yeah, I agree 100%, dude makes Chris Davis look like a contact hitter. It’s like a 30/35 hit, 60+ raw. I just want to give him everyday ABs on the maybe 10% chance that some improved strategic approach at the plate will let the hit play as a 40. That’s all he’ll need to be a 2-3 WAR player.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Oh yeah, I agree 100%, dude makes Chris Davis look like a contact hitter. It’s like a 30/35 hit, 60+ raw. I just want to give him everyday ABs on the maybe 10% chance that some improved strategic approach at the plate will let the hit play as a 40. That’s all he’ll need to be a 2-3 WAR player.

All I know is I'm fine with him over Rickard.

• Upvote 2

Studlike! Only three SOs today. I don’t even think he’s looked that good in CF. Fast, but come on.

Just leave Wilkerson there until Hays is ready.  Mullins, Joey, and SuperK have all been terrible.

Hyde should do the thing the manager in Major League does with Willie Mays Hays in spring training, where every time he pops up or strikes out he has to do push ups.

Broxton has stuck out 7 times in his last 10 at bats.Now has struck out 20 times in 42 at bats with the Orioles. i can see him going if and when Stewart or Smith is back unless this is corrected soon.Then with Davis batting next to him with 30 strikeouts in his last  52 at bats. Not a good combo. Also Martin with 5 K's in last 9 at bats. A scary combo for sure.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:26 PM, orpheus100 said:

Lol at the Mets.

I think the Mets are the ones laughing.

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

When will STUD be gone? When one of the outfielders come back from injury? Trumbo comes back? Tomorrow?

I don't see Broxton going without Rickard being back or Hays being up since he's the only CF on the roster. 

I suppose you can roll with Wilkerson, but then who backs him up?  DJ Stewart when he comes off the IL?

It seems to me that Broxton's problem is he cannot identify pitches fast enough especially from hard throwers and doesn't seem to know what pitchers are doing to him. He reacts slow and guesses wrong more times than not. I'm not sure that can be fixed easily. It's a shame because he's got just about everything else you'd want in a major leaguer, but his contact tool is in the negative. He doesn't seem to have the natural ability to do this. Doesn't seem to have much of a plan when he goes up there. Maybe a better approach would help some, but I don't know. He's almost always late on fastballs and always ahead of off-speed pitches. He can't read pitches out of the pitcher's hand until it's too late and when he tries to guess, he's usually wrong. Really unfortunate. Anyway, that's my take on him.

It also doesn't help matters much that he hasn't seen these pitchers he's facing either since he switched leagues which only compounds the problem. I don't know if time would help it at all or if our coaches and analytics teams can help him, but he may not get the time.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

It also doesn't help matters much that he hasn't seen these pitchers he's facing either since he switched leagues which only compounds the problem. I don't know if time would help it at all or if our coaches and analytics teams can help him, but he may not get the time.

He's not that good and if Hyde wants to pinch hit for him, I'm ok with that. Broxton isn't a 22 year old stud prospect that Hyde is messing around with. And Austin Hays is likely patrolling CF after the all star break.