Jump to content
interloper

What's with the Yusniel regression?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

3 doubles in fact. He is batting .349/.408/.674 in July, up to .255/.336/.485 overall, 13th in the league in OPS,  the next highest player under 23 is Mickey Moniak  at 38th. They are the only two players under 23 in the top 50 in OPS in the Eastern League.

He's younger than Victor Victor. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

3 doubles in fact. He is batting .349/.408/.674 in July, up to .255/.336/.485 overall, 13th in the league in OPS,  the next highest player under 23 is Mickey Moniak  at 38th. They are the only two players under 23 in the top 50 in OPS in the Eastern League.

To add to this, for the year his wOBA is .366 and wRC+ is 138. Both of those are very good. If you squint (and focus on the time since his rehab) you can almost see the .407 and 152 from last year on the Dodgers, when everyone had him as a great prospect.

Edited by makoman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, makoman said:

To add to this, for the year his wOBA is .366 and wRC+ is 138. Both of those are very good. If you squint (and focus on the time since his rehab) you can almost see the .407 and 152 from last year on the Dodgers, when everyone had him as a great prospect.

You don't have to squint. He's one of the very best hitters in the Eastern League bottom line. And he's still young enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTO's said:

You don't have to squint. He's one of the very best hitters in the Eastern League bottom line. And he's still young enough.

I'm starting to agree with this. I think he's found his legs. He struggled around his injuries, but has put up an .825 OPS over the last 90 days even despite those struggles. I wish he hit for a better average, but the OBP and power seem to be present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I'm starting to agree with this. I think he's found his legs. He struggled around his injuries, but has put up an .825 OPS over the last 90 days even despite those struggles. I wish he hit for a better average, but the OBP and power seem to be present. 

The BA seems to be coming — .349 in July, .300 since June 12.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been waiting for him to move up, but now it looks like they are keeping everyone there to try and win the league. I think I'd trade Diaz for Rifaela and try to win the championship without him and let Diaz get a month of AAA at bats and see if he's ready next spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

I've been waiting for him to move up, but now it looks like they are keeping everyone there to try and win the league. I think I'd trade Diaz for Rifaela and try to win the championship without him and let Diaz get a month of AAA at bats and see if he's ready next spring.

I'll be pretty disappointed if it comes out that they are worried more about team championships than they are player development.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'll be pretty disappointed if it comes out that they are worried more about team championships than they are player development.

I agree, I don't think developmental decisions are/will be based on the standings and playoffs.  Elias seems to be very deliberate in the moves he makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...