Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

Which players in the O's organization have the highest ceiling?

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

One day Mountcastle’s BA will surpass his obp%.

Good thing that's not an issue with Hays.  :)

12 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Good thing that's not an issue with Hays.  :)

It’s a significant problem for both, without a doubt, but Mountcastle has a little more pressure on his bat than Hays does.

So Henderson might go to Auburn instead of signing with the Orioles. But, why? He signs with us, gets a nice signing bonus, and starts living a dream that I would have killed for. Suppose he gets hurt in college?

4 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

If he goes to Auburn, it’s time for this thread to get serious about Carmona v Grenier. 

For who is the #2 ss prospect?

24 minutes ago, BirdinBama said:

So Henderson might go to Auburn instead of signing with the Orioles. But, why? He signs with us, gets a nice signing bonus, and starts living a dream that I would have killed for. Suppose he gets hurt in college?

I think Elias' draft strategy is to use the savings on Rutschman and the remaining picks through the 10th round to go significantly overslot on Henderson.  I think he will ultimately sign.  

3 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I think Elias' draft strategy is to use the savings on Rutschman and the remaining picks through the 10th round to go significantly overslot on Henderson.  I think he will ultimately sign.  

I'm curious if the fifth round pick signed for slot.

24 minutes ago, BirdinBama said:

Obviously, holding out the possibility of college is a leverage point for him in his contract negotiations.    And apparently one of the reasons he fell to us is that he told teams he probably was going to go to college unless he got a bonus of  X.   

That said, he’d definitely be taking a risk by going to school.   He could get hurt, or his stock could fall.    Of course, it also could rise and he’d be in for a bigger bonus, though he’d be further behind in professional development.   

My guess is he will sign.    

I read a lot about Henderson living down here. He was just named Mr. Baseball down here. I hope we sign him, and thanks for all the posted answers to my original question!

11 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Yeah, I heard about that the other day. Pretty exciting. I think he has elite closer potential and we kind of need one of those because Givens doesn't look like the answer.

10 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

Another positive night out of the pen, Sesh. 

Yup, I really hope this is an organizational move and he is being gradually pushed to the back of the bullpen. He pitched the 6th, 7th and 8th innings. Not surprised at all how well he is doing since being moved to the pen.