interloper

Straily hasn't pitched in 10 days

8 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

When I watch Straily I think, Frobby is gonna to be in a lot of trouble when they found out he snuck on to the field. 

Major leaguers wouldn’t be able to touch my 47 mph heat.    

• Haha 1

I think this was it.  It might not happen until Thursday because there's probably not enough time to get someone from the East Coast to Oakland for the 12:30 PT game tomorrow.  But I have to think by the time we take the field at Safeco Thursday night Straily will not be on the 25 man roster.

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think this was it.  It might not happen until Thursday because there's probably not enough time to get someone from the East Coast to Oakland for the 12:30 PT game tomorrow.  But I have to think by the time we take the field at Safeco Thursday night Straily will not be on the 25 man roster.

Agree. He’s done.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, interloper said:

Straily Hasn't Pitched in 10 Days

On 6/12/2019 at 12:39 PM, OFFNY said:

o

A wise-guy might argue that Straily has only pitched in 4 games all season ........ the other 7 games in which he has appeared this season has consisted of him standing on the pitcher's mound, and throwing the ball in the general vicinity of home plate.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=straida01&t=p&year=2019

o

On 6/15/2019 at 8:46 AM, scOtt said:

Annnddddd .......

Straily STILL hasn't "pitched" in over 10 days.

o

So, Scott wound up taking the part of my proverbial wise-guy.

o

9 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

So, Scott wound up taking the part of my proverbial wise-guy.

o

I am a weisenheimer sometimes. :D

On 6/15/2019 at 7:18 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

I think it was a good idea to pick him up and try him out. Nothing lost by trying. Now I also think it's a good idea to let him go. We tried it, it failed, move on. You can overturn rocks but if you find a scorpion, put the rock back down.

In the O's way of thinking, the scorpion might eventually turn into a kitten.  Plus, you paid a lot of money for the scorpion.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:19 PM, LA2 said:

Yes, i know but i think some of the O's pitchers during the 14 years in the gutter were just as bad, maybe even worse.... Russ Ortiz's name immediately comes to mind. Look at his stats line for 2006 (e.g. 15 HRs in 40.33 IP). And he had been brought in by Leo Mazzone (his coach w the Braves during some very good seasons) in a last-ditch attempt to save the O's staff and Leo's inability to work some magic with it.

The difference is we had some outstanding line ups.  All we have now is minor leaguers at every position.

5 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Agree. He’s done.

4 hours ago, Darkhawk said:

4.18 hr/9

5 hours ago, SteveA said:

Hard to justify any reason to keep him. And they shouldn’t stop with him either.  

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Hard to justify any reason to keep him. And they shouldn’t stop with him either.  

Unless you are firing the GM it won’t matter,  we don’t have any viable guys to replace him with,

My thought was they were keeping him to start if/when Cashner/Bundy get traded, but he has certainly made a case that that is not happening.  Rogers/Ynoa/Yacobonnis and others can certainly provide more at this point.  Maybe even Ortiz (at least he's young and I can hope...).