Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MurphDogg

Orioles claim and option Tayler Scott, DFA Gilmartin

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

Has a 95 MPH sinker...Guess they think they can fix him 

So they think they can get a 27 year old to stop walking so many batters?  That seems to be his problem.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wildcard said:

So they think they can get a 27 year old to stop walking so many batters?  That seems to be his problem.  

 

Yeah I agree but its the only reason I can think to claim him if you're the Orioles.  Not like his minor league numbers are better then the guys we have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If we were rugby fans and this were a player from the Springboks, I'd be very excited.  

If I had to flee to Australia or South Africa or something I could switch the 14 hours of NFL I watch a year to rugby and not miss a beat.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah I agree but its the only reason I can think to claim him if you're the Orioles.  Not like his minor league numbers are better then the guys we have 

Well, Elias does like hard throwers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, interloper said:

Crucially, has all 3 options remaining. 

Is that a "silver lining"?  😇

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

If I had to flee to Australia or South Africa or something I could switch the 14 hours of NFL I watch a year to rugby and not miss a beat.

I too would gladly watch 80 minutes of action rather than the  13 minutes of action in an NFL game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't think he stays on the 40 man roster the rest of the season options or no options.  

Even if he does it would be even more surprising if he stayed on the 40-man roster over the offseason with all the guys we have to add this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

And since I think Armstrong is holding his own since we've picked him up from the Mariners, we're trying to get someone back from them equally as bad as Mike Wright. 

Armstrong has been a really good pickup. I wouldn’t mind getting a couple more like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Armstrong has been a really good pickup. I wouldn’t mind getting a couple more like him.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I am pleased so far but I can't believe he was that terrible for them and has been this good for us.  Something doesn't add up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I am pleased so far but I can't believe he was that terrible for them and has been this good for us.  Something doesn't add up.  

You bet. But look at Bleier. Took over a season before the other shoe dropped(and hasn’t dropped all the way yet) I wouldn’t mind getting a couple WAR out of Armstrong before he turns back into a pumpkin.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philip said:

You bet. But look at Bleier. Took over a season before the other shoe dropped(and hasn’t dropped all the way yet) I wouldn’t mind getting a couple WAR out of Armstrong before he turns back into a pumpkin.

Bleier doesn't have swing and miss stuff.  Armstrong seems like he might.  We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enjoy Terror said:

The name "Tayler" seems like the slower brother of "Taylor"

Tayler Scott seems like a made up name you would see on a Madden video game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bleier has been dealing with injuries this season, so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me for now. Looks like he's starting to get it together with a 2.35 (0.91) over his last seven appearances totaling 7.2 IP. Let's see if he can keep it up.

As for Scott, I think someone actually said in that game thread that we should pick him up and he'd fit right in here. Wish granted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Bleier has been dealing with injuries this season, so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me for now. Looks like he's starting to get it together with a 2.35 (0.91) over his last seven appearances totaling 7.2 IP. Let's see if he can keep it up.

As for Scott, I think someone actually said in that game thread that we should pick him up and he'd fit right in here. Wish granted!

Bleier if he can stay healthy might be a (minor) trade chip by next season. Bleier isn't likely to be around when the team is good again considering he is 32 years old. Elias will trade him if he can get something of value in return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sessh said:

 

As for Scott, I think someone actually said in that game thread that we should pick him up and he'd fit right in here. Wish granted!

If that person was Cy Bundy, they were high on crack and subsequently banned.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...