orpheus100

This may be the worst team of all time

50 minutes ago, Daddy-O's said:

This is the fan I've become

Sigh of relief when they get their first hit. 

Sigh of relief when they score their first run. 

Sigh of relief when they have a nine run lead and get the last out.

Worried because the win will hurt our chances of being the worst team.

On the one hand, I know exactly how you feel.    On the other hand, I’ll always root for the win.    Especially if some of younger players are performing well.   

• Upvote 1

So the Tigers were leading 5-1 and they pull their starter after 4 with only 56 pitches thrown and put someone in with ERA over 8?  Seems like they are trying to win this prize.

7 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

How about worst starting staff in the era of five-man rotations ???

o

The 2017 Orioles had one of the 10 worst starting rotations in the last 100 years of Major League Baseball ........ literally.

o

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

On the one hand, I know exactly how you feel.    On the other hand, I’ll always root for the win.    Especially if some of younger players are performing well.   

I live in a world of contradictions - when I watch or attend I want them to win, in a season like this when I don’t I want them to lose for that sweet sweet draft money. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2019 at 10:18 PM, OFFNY said:

o

8-8 over our last 16 games, now.

o

o

After taking 2 out of 3 games from the playoff-hungry Red Sox, the Orioles are now 9-9 over their last 18 games.

o

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

After taking 2 out of 3 games from the playoff-hungry Red Sox, the Orioles are now 9-9 over their last 18 games.

o

I would say this series is a sign than the Red Sox will not be making the playoffs this season.

The Tigers tried very hard to blow their game today but a Nick Castellanos walk off homerun keeps the Os in line for pick 1.1.....for now.

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

I would say this series is a sign than the Red Sox will not be making the playoffs this season.

o

There is still a long way to go, both for the Red Sox and for the Orioles.

You also said that the Orioles would definitely be the worst team of the modern era after they traded Cashner ........ both situations/outcomes are still possible (the Red Sox making the playoffs, and the Orioles becoming the worst team of the modern era), but I think that it is too early to declare and/or predict either one right now.

o

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

There is still a long way to go, both for the Red Sox and for the Orioles.

You also said that the Orioles would definitely be the worst team of the modern era after they traded Cashner ........ both situations/outcomes are still possible (the Red Sox making the playoffs, and the Orioles becoming the worst team of the modern era), but I think that it is too early to declare and/or predict either one right now.

o

The Orioles will not be the worst team of the modern era.  The division is weak this year. The relievers have started to pitch better.  Santander and Sisco have seemed to give the team a spark.  Hess and Straily are gone,  

On 7/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, Roll Tide said:

I’m actually starting to think that the Tigers are worst than the Os

The Orioles haven’t even been the worst team in the AL since Friday evening.

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Orioles will not be the worst team of the modern era.  The division is weak this year. The relievers have started to pitch better.  Santander and Sisco have seemed to give the team a spark. Hess and Straily are gone.  

o

The division is not weak for the Orioles. There are 3 teams in it that are solid, with the Yankees being exceptional. The only team that isn't overwhelmingly better than the Orioles are the Blue Jays.

I don't think that the Orioles will be the worst team of the modern era either, but the strength/weakness of the division is not necessarily a factor that is in their favor.

Other than that, I agree with your points about the improvements of cutting Hess and Straily loose, and the emergence of Santander and Sisco as of late.

o

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VaBird1 said:

The Orioles haven’t even been the worst team in the AL since Friday evening.

I'm not just talking about the record. In there last 20 or so games they are playing .500 baseball. Detroit over that same period is abysmal. So. While the record still has us within a game if they continue to trend upward Detroit will easily be the worst.

On 7/21/2019 at 4:27 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

o

10-10 over their last 20 games.

Going for the series win in tomorrow afternoon's rubber match with the Diamondbacks.

o