Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Trying to Salvage a Game (vs. D-RAYS, 7/03)

Can’t watch anymore. When we started this inning I was actually wondering if six runs were going to be enough…

11 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

This is a save situation for Bleier ........ the commissioner has amended the rules for the Orioles and the Orioles only this season.

o

o

Now I think it really is a save situation for the incoming pitcher.

o

Hyde is in an impossible situation with this team but jeez man Bleier should've been out of there a few batters ago. Embarrassing to let him bring the tying run to the plate. Very Buck like.

6 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Better choice for what though? Taking a chance on Broxton is more productive than sticking with a guy we KNOW for sure is not in the future plans. We had nothing to lose in taking a look at Broxton and not like we gave up anything of significance for him. We picked up Broxton because of his tools in the hope maybe he'd be a late bloomer. He was a low risk/high reward experiment which is exactly the kind of things we should be exploring right now. It didn't work out, but that's alright. Anyone you could get for $500K IBS is going to have red flags.

I don’t disagree with anything you said, but Broxton’s isn’t the guy I would have gotten. It’s not just that he can’t hit, he can’t even make contact, and more important, he has given no reason to expect a change. I think he’s got an almost 45% K rate (45 in 92 ABs or something like that) that is nothing but a late-inning pinch-runner/Defensive replacement.

Regarding future plans, how many of the current 25-man roster will even be here next September? Five? And Davis? Of course Broxton isn’t part of the future, but I think he shouldn’t be part of the present either.