mcloy

Who is next?

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Villar to Cubs for Mike Montgomery and another international teenager is my guess. Similar money and you get another year of control with Montgomery if you want it. He's a project but we need relievers when Givens goes and maybe we can fix him.

I'd be down for that.  Montgomery would be decent option to pair with an opener too. 

1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

I'd be down for that.  Montgomery would be decent option to pair with an opener too. 

Yeah he's got starter experience so that's never bad in our situation. Gotta get that extra young player to make it with it but yeah the Cubs need a bat.

8 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Nunez is gone in Boston. Of course if they had strong interest in Villar he could have been part of Cashner deal.  

Woahhh

16 minutes ago, Philip said:

Woahhh

That shouldn’t elicit a reaction from anyone unless they were confusing Nunez with Eduardo Rodriguez.

39 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

That shouldn’t elicit a reaction from anyone unless they were confusing Nunez with Eduardo Rodriguez.

And that is exactly what I did, thank you very much for correcting me

52 minutes ago, Chito said:

Oh well.

Good. The Royals “strengthen” their rotation, which helps us for the #1 pick. Also, what’s the point of getting back a player with only 2.5 years of control left?  This is a long rebuild. We don’t need 30 year olds. Hopefully Villar nets us a DSL prospect. 

The Cubs are starting to sure up their roster for a run. They shed Montgomery’s salary and picked up Catching depth in Maldonado. Their looking to add a LH reliever and a vet IF bat. Villar fits the latter need. 

Elias can show off his true genius and sign guys from the 2018 international market by trading away players on the current team. 

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Cubs are starting to sure up their roster for a run. They shed Montgomery’s salary and picked up Catching depth in Maldonado. Their looking to add a LH reliever and a vet IF bat. Villar fits the latter need. 

Elias can show off his true genius and sign guys from the 2018 international market by trading away players on the current team. 

I'd be asking for Morel or Giambrone and a couple of the young international guys.

oeBrady

13 hours ago

Selling off everything that isn’t nailed down is the modern approach, but it doesn’t do much for competitiveness.
————————————————-
1-It helps the long-term competitiveness. If small market teams don’t occasionally sell off and finish last, then they have no chance of ever finishing 1st. Teams like KC, TB, SD, etc., don’t and like will never have room for a $200M payroll.

2-The competitiveness of these teams were in doubt whether they sell off or not. BA & TO held onto Machado & Donaldson, and a number of smaller pieces, way, way too long. It didn’t help them. They didn’t win, and they didn’t draw in any extra fans. BA lost 464,000 tickets last year, and TO lost 879,000.

Losing Givens will have virtually no impact on BA’s 2019 competitiveness.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Dodgers just lost UTIL IF Chris Taylor for 4-6 weeks. Villar could be insurance to cover that role. 

Would the Dodgers really want an expensive player like Villar to fill a UTI role? 

What is there situation in regards to the luxury tax?

Villar is a trade able asset with one more year of control. The Os won’t give him away as a salary dump.

unlike others hear, I don’t see anyway that his contract is not picked for next year if he isn’t traded.

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Would the Dodgers really want an expensive player like Villar to fill a UTI role? 

What is there situation in regards to the luxury tax?

Villar is a trade able asset with one more year of control. The Os won’t give him away as a salary dump.

unlike others hear, I don’t see anyway that his contract is not picked for next year if he isn’t traded.

The Orioles won't tender him a contract this next season.  So get something. 

• Upvote 1