Jump to content
OFFNY

vs. RED SOX, 7/19

Recommended Posts

Just now, mrbig1 said:

Where has this team been?

We beat Cleveland 13-0 on back to back nights a couple weeks ago.

Actually...with tonight's win we will be 8-8 in our last 16.  That will be our longest stretch of .500 ball this year.  (We actually had a 9-9 stretch last year).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

 

Welcome to Oriole Magic -------- the one-night version.

 

o

 

If the Orioles win tonight's game, they will have been 8-8 over their last 16 games.

I could get used to a .500 version of Oriole Magic with a team like this.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Now that you mention it this year is the 40th anniversary of the beginning of Orioles Magic. As there been any recognition of this at OPACY?

 

No but it's the 30th anniversary of the Why Not season and there is a 1989 reunion night with T-shirt giveaway 3 weeks from tonight 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We beat Cleveland 13-0 on back to back nights a couple weeks ago.

Actually...with tonight's win we will be 8-8 in our last 16.  That will be our longest stretch of .500 ball this year.  (We actually had a 9-9 stretch last year).

Tigers are getting crushed again as well. 

May get the second pick next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

No but it's the 30th anniversary of the Why Not season and there is a 1989 reunion night with T-shirt giveaway 3 weeks from tonight 

:notworthy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteveA said:

He's facing the mighty Oriole lineup!*

*We OPS .704 vs lefties, compared to just .696 vs righties!  Hanser probably accounts for that difference all by himself.

Price has had a few bad games against us over the years. I think the Mandino hit him pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the first time in baseball history a player stole first base thanks to the Atlantic League-MLB partnership rule changes! <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNAssignDesk?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ESPNAssignDesk</a> <a href="https://t.co/yj4FkcZg6O">pic.twitter.com/yj4FkcZg6O</a></p>&mdash; SoMD Blue Crabs (@BlueCrabs) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlueCrabs/status/1150202820093730816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

Clearly, I do not know how to embed a Tweet, at least from my phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eddie83 said:

Tigers are getting crushed again as well. 

May get the second pick next year. 

I can live with it if it happens because guys like Sisco, Means, and Santander play well and price they are worth keeping around   I'm not going to obsess about getting the top pick.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the Red Sox are interested in Givens? I don't think they will be playing post-season ball this year but they won't admit that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveA said:

I can live with it if it happens because guys like Sisco, Means, and Santander play well and price they are worth keeping around   I'm not going to obsess about getting the top pick.

I agree. As long as the young players are playing well. 

I really thought we were a lock but no longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, schittenden said:

Anyone see this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For the first time in baseball history a player stole first base thanks to the Atlantic League-MLB partnership rule changes! <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNAssignDesk?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ESPNAssignDesk</a> <a href="https://t.co/yj4FkcZg6O">pic.twitter.com/yj4FkcZg6O</a></p>&mdash; SoMD Blue Crabs (@BlueCrabs) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlueCrabs/status/1150202820093730816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...