Jump to content
LTO's

Duquette's trade history

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t agree with the notion that you look only at DD’s good moves and disregard the bad ones.    That’s like judging how you did in Vegas by counting up how much you made on the bets you won and not looking at the bets you lost.   

I am not disregarding the bad ones.  I just think the focus should be on what the team achieved while he was GM.   He did a lot of good things to make that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Maybe it should.  Five years is a long period of a career.

Oooh they can add a line about the two wildcard appearances!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

screen-shot-2015-06-11-at-4-08-03-pm.png

 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I forget do they give out a pennant for best record in the AL 2012-2016?

Think it is going to go on Manny's HoF plaque?  "He helped lead the Orioles to the best record in the AL over a five year period."

How many teams win the WS each year? 1 in 30.    If that is your only measure of success you are going to complaining a lot on a year to year basis.   Oh, that explains a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I am not disregarding the bad ones.  I just think the focus should be on what the team achieved while he was GM.   He did a lot of good things to make that happen.

He achieved some things, but he also left the organization in significantly worse condition than when he arrived.    That has to be factored in when judging him.    The constraints placed on him also have to be considered, though we will never know the full details and reality of that.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He achieved some things, but he also left the organization in significantly worse condition than when he arrived.    That has to be factored in when judging him.    The constraints placed on him also have to be considered, though we will never know the full details and reality of that.   

When Dan arrived  the team had not won in 14 years.  Pretty hard to be worse than that.   And when he left the O's had Means, Ridriguez, DL Hall, Mountcastle, Mancini,  Sisco, Nunez,  Givens, Bundy, Hays, Diaz, Baumann, Rom, Sedlock,  Akin, Lowther , McKenna, Wells, Zimmerman, Harvey , Tate, Knight,  Kremer, Hanifee, McCoy, Stewart, Adam Hall, Grenier, Pop.

So maybe you should re-evaluate what it was like when Dan came and went.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

When Dan arrived  the team had not won in 14 years.  Pretty hard to be worse than that.   And when he left the O's had Means, Ridriguez, DL Hall, Mountcastle, Mancini,  Sisco, Nunez,  Givens, Bundy, Hays, Diaz, Baumann, Rom, Sedlock,  Akin, Lowther , McKenna, Wells, Zimmerman, Harvey , Tate, Knight,  Kremer, Hanifee, McCoy, Stewart, Adam Hall, Grenier, Pop.

So maybe you should re-evaluate what it was like when Dan came and went.

I just checked, none of those 14 teams lost 115 games.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oooh they can add a line about the two wildcard appearances!

I think being the best player on your team and going to the playoffs half the times  is probably a good way to get to the hall of fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

I think being the best player on your team and going to the playoffs half the times  is probably a good way to get to the hall of fame.

I don't think it helps that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

Making the playoffs thrice was worth it.

I don't know, you might want to wait for the final bill to be tallied. 

Me, I really enjoyed 2012 and 2014.  2016 was alright but honestly my enjoyment was impacted by what I saw over the horizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TINSTAAPP said:

I would say the Davies for Parra deal was a lot worse. 

It's worse at the moment. But at least it made more sense at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

It's worse at the moment. But at least it made more sense at the time.

I didn't think so.  Parra was ripe for regression.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

He achieved some things, but he also left the organization in significantly worse condition than when he arrived.    That has to be factored in when judging him.    The constraints placed on him also have to be considered, though we will never know the full details and reality of that.   

Significantly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I didn't think so.  Parra was ripe for regression.

Yeah Parra was the worst of the worst.  Not only was Parra due to regress but they traded a starting pitcher in AAA having a good year even though they struggled to fill out a full rotation every year except 2014 during DD's tenure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...