Sign in to follow this  
fansince1988

Angel Stadium of Anaheim Recomendations?

I'm attending one of the Orioles games there next week as a first-time visitor. Does anyone have any seating recommendations, or decent restaurant options in the area? It will be my 21st MLB ballpark visited and my 22nd Orioles road game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

I'm attending one of the Orioles games there next week as a first-time visitor. Does anyone have any seating recommendations, or decent restaurant options in the area? It will be my 21st MLB ballpark visited and my 22nd Orioles road game.

Front of the Upper Deck (Lower View MVP) around 1B is where I always used to sit.  Sections 424-426.

• Upvote 2

Where will you be coming from?

Personally, I would hit In N Out or Del Taco. I think most of the actual restaurants in that area are pretty touristy.

• Upvote 2

I've been there twice.  It's an old school ballpark, sitting in the middle of 2000 acres of parking.  Actually Dodger Stadium is like that, too, which surprised me.

I don't remember much about my visit to Anaheim a few years back except that a normal-sized craft beer was $14.  Oh, and I think they had good Korean-ish food at a stand behind the LF area.

And the game I went to was a Dodgers-Angels exhibition, and a few Dodgers fans were trolling the Angels by wearing Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles shirts.  Pretty funny, I wanted one.

• Upvote 2

I went a few years back. Of course, Anaheim is basically the stadium and Disneyland and then the hotels, stores and restaurants that all cater heavily to the Disney crowd. To me it was a solid ballpark. I've been to a good chunk of the 30 and it's in the middle of the pack of the stadiums I've been. The surrounding area, as most have said, is just parking lot until you get out of the immediate area. Driving in and out was actually quite easy and the onsite parking price wasn't bad (at least a couple years ago).

All in all, nothing huge sticks out in my mind about this park (good or bad).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I've been there twice.  It's an old school ballpark, sitting in the middle of 2000 acres of parking.  Actually Dodger Stadium is like that, too, which surprised me.

I don't remember much about my visit to Anaheim a few years back except that a normal-sized craft beer was $14.  Oh, and I think they had good Korean-ish food at a stand behind the LF area.

And the game I went to was a Dodgers-Angels exhibition, and a few Dodgers fans were trolling the Angels by wearing Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles shirts.  Pretty funny, I wanted one.

I have always wanted to go to Dodger Stadium. The view on TV always look great and the way it’s located in the ravine has always fascinated me.  

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

I have always wanted to go to Dodger Stadium. The view on TV always look great and the way it’s located in the ravine has always fascinated me.  

Dodger Stadium is fantastic. And and an awesome experience. Food is great at the park. Sight lines perfect. Great weather. Good team.

• Upvote 1

Did the SoCal stadiums a few years ago. Dodger and Petco are both awesome (in different ways).  Anaheim was “meh”. Definitely get some pics of the actual Big A, which is still in the parking lot. And the giant helmets and baseball diamonds at the entrance is a good place for pics. They have all kinds of food options there.

If you are in the area Disneyland is literally 5 minutes up the street. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Slappy said:

Did the SoCal stadiums a few years ago. Dodger and Petco are both awesome (in different ways).  Anaheim was “meh”. Definitely get some pics of the actual Big A, which is still in the parking lot. And the giant helmets and baseball diamonds at the entrance is a good place for pics. They have all kinds of food options there.

If you are in the area Disneyland is literally 5 minutes up the street. 

Thanks for the photo tips. I'll be sure to get one by the BIG A. This park is a box check for me, I'm not expecting to be overwhelmed. I wouldn't be going if the Orioles weren't in town. I've been to Dodger Stadium, but Petco will have to wait for another trip.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:47 PM, weams said:

Dodger Stadium is fantastic. And and an awesome experience. Food is great at the park. Sight lines perfect. Great weather. Good team.

Seeing a game at Dodger Stadium is on my bucket list. MLB Network shows a lot of Dodgers home games and it looks like an amazing place to watch a game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Seeing a game at Dodger Stadium is on my bucket list. MLB Network shows a lot of Dodgers home games and it looks like an amazing place to watch a game. 

It's a genuinely beautiful experience for someone who appreciates an old-school baseball-focused ballpark.  Watching the sun go down reflected off the San Gabriel mountains can be breathtaking on a clear evening.

That being said, I stopped taking my family there about ten years ago (I left LA in 2013) because of the increase in violence and an increase in drunken, foul-mouthed behavior from a small but vocal contingent in the stands.  If you have kids, try to go to a day game.  I sincerely hope that things have changed recently.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 24fps said:

It's a genuinely beautiful experience for someone who appreciates an old-school baseball-focused ballpark.  Watching the sun go down reflected off the San Gabriel mountains can be breathtaking on a clear evening.

That being said, I stopped taking my family there about ten years ago (I left LA in 2013) because of the increase in violence and an increase in drunken, foul-mouthed behavior from a small but vocal contingent in the stands.  If you have kids, try to go to a day game.  I sincerely hope that things have changed recently.

I went to a day game last time. It was perfect.