Sign in to follow this  
Philip

No Statue

54 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's my opinion and is every bit as valid as your own.

If this were a different franchise with a different history, I could easily see a guy without a ring getting a statue.   But not this franchise at this time.    Maybe if we go another 25 years without a title and some iconic player spends 20 years here.    But I’m hoping our next title comes long before then.    

2 minutes ago, $Greatness$ said:

I still feel he really wanted to go in as a Yankee, but didn't want that Baltimore smoke. 

Or the Hall told him no.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I would imagine that every Angels fan considers him an angel, because he did so much with them, and he did a lot with the Mets, as well. But he also 

also did a lot with the Astros. But the point isn’t what he did with a specific team,  but where he places his personal allegiance.

He signed with the Rangers because the Astros thought he was done, and that kind of attitude from both teams may have influenced his decision, but what is important is not what caused the decision, but the decision itself. Mussina refuses to commit.

o

Actually, Ryan did not do a lot with the Mets ........ ironically, he got his only World Series ring with them in 1969, but his career with them (compared to his stints with the Angels, the Astros, and the Rangers) was relatively undistinguished prior to his getting traded for Jim Fregosi in between the 1971 and 1972 seasons.

o

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Good book, I'm guessing James Cameron has read it.

12509021._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

Poul Anderson was a great great writer, his take on Inferno was brilliant, and very deep. It has been a consideration in my religious philosophy ever since.

38 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Actually, Ryan did not do a lot with the Mets ........ ironically, he got his only World Series ring with them in 1969, but his career with them (compared to his stints with the Angels, the Astros, and the Rangers) was relatively undistinguished prior to his getting traded for Jim Fregosi in between the 1971 and 1972 seasons.

o

That’s true, but he was part of that miracle team, and the funny thing about corn’s comment earlier is that getting a ring for the Mets championship makes Ryan eligible, ha ha, even though he was only with him for what two years?

• Thanks 1

The funny thing about Ryan looking at his numbers he was clearly using steroids but nobody calls him out on it,

Just now, atomic said:

The funny thing about Ryan looking at his numbers he was clearly using steroids but nobody calls him out on it,

Mariano Rivera too? Wow.