Greg Pappas

Poll: Which Orioles player will get dealt in the next 10 days?

Which Orioles player will get dealt in the next 10 days?  

144 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which Orioles player will get dealt in the next 10 days?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 7/26/2019 at 16:00

30 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Givens' inning today looked good in the boxscore, but all 3 of his outs were hit really hard.

Yep.

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I feel like moved/dealt is different than released.

I think SMith gets traded for a low level prospect in the international level.  He still is left handed bat with bit of pop. Maybe someone that Elias has liked In past. Probably a 17 or 18 year old down there.

3 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Who will get dealt in the next 10 days? Make your selections in the poll, which closes this Friday (7/26/19) at Noon.  Note: Choices are public.

I said Givens and the Villar

2 hours ago, bpilktree said:

I think SMith gets traded for a low level prospect in the international level.  He still is left handed bat with bit of pop. Maybe someone that Elias has liked In past. Probably a 17 or 18 year old down there.

Why would anyone want Smith?  I think he gets DFAd soon enough and he reports to the minors.

6 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Who will get dealt in the next 10 days? Make your selections in the poll, which closes this Friday (7/26/19) at Noon.  Note: Choices are public.

I didn’t vote. I’ve got no idea. 

Mancini, Villar, Givens are the most likely IMO. Mancini's value may be as high as it ever will be, but i agree with GP, not sure if there's a strong enough market for his position. 

20 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Mancini, Villar, Givens are the most likely IMO. Mancini's value may be as high as it ever will be, but i agree with GP, not sure if there's a strong enough market for his position. 

If Mancini isn't bringing back what's needed to trade him, I'm fine with keeping him.  It's win-win either way.

• Like 1

Unless the Orioles are receiving HIGH IMPACT Prospect in return, they shouldn't trade anyone on this roster. Receiving a quantity of prospects is like being a AAA Team for the other Major League Teams.  

• Upvote 1

Givens is the only player traded.  

Bundy is on the IL. 

Villar is cheap enough that's it's not worth giving him away for next to nothing.  We don't have any MI's in the minors ready to step in next season.  

It will be interesting to see if some team steps up and offers us a nice package for Mancini.  Possible but not likely IMO.  

It’s kind of surprising how much value is placed on valueless players. Smith, Alberto, Nunez, Ruiz, Wilk all have near zero value. Even if they are playing well their flaws are so glaring no one would actually trade for them. Waiver pickup? Sure. But give anything of real value? Naaaah. I like several of those names, but I don’t pretend that other GMs lie awake dreaming of putting Alberto or Villar at 2B and storming through October.

Givens maybe. Possibly Fry, because everyone loves a lefty and he’s cheap as yesterday’s newspaper.

otherwise, naaah. We are terrible for a reason.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Givens and Villar to the Rangers

I have Villar to the Giants....With their resurgence and their negative war 2B he's definitely a fit.