Crazy O

Random Thoughts

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even after living in England for a spell, I still can not grasp the game of cricket, or its popularity there.

Twenty20 looks like fun.

23 hours ago, scOtt said:

Searching for a job is MUCH harder work than any job you'll ever end up with.

That is all.

The older one gets, the harder it is to fine something other than walmart greeter.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

The older one gets, the harder it is to fine something other than walmart greeter.

I'm not there yet. 😛 I have CNC skills. My problem is a FLOOD of staffing agencies emailing me. Most with nothing good. About 40 emails a day now.

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

I'm not there yet. 😛 I have CNC skills. My problem is a FLOOD of staffing agencies emailing me. Most with nothing good. About 40 emails a day now.

If you are willing to relocate. BMW is hiring in Northern South Carolina. They have good wages and great benefits.

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

If you are willing to relocate. BMW is hiring in Northern South Carolina. They have good wages and great benefits.

Nah. I had an interview this morning already, and another this afternoon. I'll probably take one of those two jobs. The one this morning was good. This afternoon should be better, way closer anyways. 22 miles vs. 5 blocks.

Just now, scOtt said:

Nah. I had an interview this morning already, and another this afternoon. I'll probably take one of those two jobs. The one this morning was good. This afternoon should be better, way closer anyways. 22 miles vs. 5 blocks.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

I've never had TWO jobs to pick from before. :D

Maybe I'm an idiot... I'm going to take the job that's a little less money and farther away. Little more interesting job, a better work environment I think. Wish me luck.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 2:12 PM, scOtt said:

Maybe I'm an idiot... I'm going to take the job that's a little less money and farther away. Little more interesting job, a better work environment I think. Wish me luck.

Not sure I would call that being an idiot. You made an educated and informed decision, and went with it. Thats what adults do. :)

Lots of good wishes your way, have a blast there.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:12 PM, scOtt said:

Turns out I took the OTHER other job. Went to the first one (little less money job) Thursday to fill out forms and benefits etc. Without going into detail their benefits were REALLY bad. Among other things I'd being giving up $2.50 an hour. Plus travelling 22 miles twice every day.

So Friday I called the job I passed on, called my recruiter, and I'm starting there tomorrow morning, Monday. 5 blocks down the street. :D Be on 2nd shift as soon as I'm orientated.

Life is good.

• Upvote 1