Crazy O

Random Thoughts

One of my favorite commercials of all time. Almost as good as "that's a spicy meat-a-ball-a."

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, scOtt said:

Two very great pioneers of the modern world.

Katharine McCormick

512i8Zp2LiL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Margaret Sanger

Sanger%20arrest.jpg

Sorry, but Sanger was a eugenicist and racist. Her goal was to wipe out blacks and it was done with cunning.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/11/27/margaret-sanger-was-eugenicist-why-are-we-still-celebrating-her

9 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Sorry, but Sanger was a eugenicist and racist. Her goal was to wipe out blacks and it was done with cunning.

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/11/27/margaret-sanger-was-eugenicist-why-are-we-still-celebrating-her

I didn't know that. I saw a documentary that said she opened an early women's clinic and campigned for the vote.

Just now, scOtt said:

I didn't know that. I saw a documentary that sai she opened an early women's clinic and campigned for the vote.

I think removing the monuments associated with figures who hold controversial views eliminates an opportunity to talk about them and how folks can have both a positive and negative impact.

David Gilmour doing good!

The instruments that will be on the auction block at Christie’s New York headquarters this June include many of his signature instruments. He’ll be selling the Black Strat — a guitar he played on “Money,” “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” and “Comfortably Numb” and enough other songs that it has amassed a legacy worthy of its own book — as well as his Stratocaster with the serial number 0001, the 12-string he wrote “Wish You Were Here” on and the Ovation six-string he’s played “Comfortably Numb” on at almost every live performance he’s done.

“These guitars have been very good to me,” he tells Rolling Stone on a phone call from his home in England. “They’re my friends. They have given me lots of music. I just think it’s time that they went off and served someone else. I have had my time with them. And of course the money that they will raise will do an enormous amount of good in the world, and that is my intention.”

The auction’s proceeds will benefit Gilmour’s charitable foundation, which he’s been running for decades. “The money will be going to the larger needs of famine relief, homelessness and displacement of people throughout the world,” Gilmour says, adding that the charities are both global and U.K.-centric. “We are going to work on the best way and the best balance of making what this raises do as much good on this planet as it can.”

• Upvote 1

I want the Strat from the Dark Side of the Moon poster. Can't see it on this pic but the frets are WORN IN from playing a million licks on it.

23695_8fc91625be09282c6b0dd5f35a42f272.j

7 hours ago, scOtt said:

I want the Strat from the Dark Side of the Moon poster. Can't see it on this pic but the frets are WORN IN from playing a million licks on it.

23695_8fc91625be09282c6b0dd5f35a42f272.j

Go for it - do a GoFundMe and work some OT!  I loved it when Van Morrison added his vocals but the sound of this guitar is out of this galaxy! 

Edited by bobmc
Black strat

I'm pretty jazzed. I've had the same alarm clock radio since I was in High School. Yes, for 40+ years. One of the early Sony Dream Machines. Radio isn't much to speak of but the alarm/clock has been stellar! It has a "Dream Bar" you can hit to activate the snooze alarm. Don't even have to focus or aim to hit it. It does 5 snoozes of 9 minutes. For years and years I've set my alarm for 45 minutes before I really want to wake up. It's ingrained in me like the Orioles.

Well the old girl is on life support. Alarm doesn't always work or it does but no snoozes. I searched eBay late last night and found almost the exact one for sale. 30 bucks. Says it's new... We'll see in a few days.

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I'm pretty jazzed. I've had the same alarm clock radio since I was in High School. Yes, for 40+ years. One of the early Sony Dream Machines. Radio isn't much to speak of but the alarm/clock has been stellar! It has a "Dream Bar" you can hit to activate the snooze alarm. Don't even have to focus or aim to hit it. It does 5 snoozes of 9 minutes. For years and years I've set my alarm for 45 minutes before I really want to wake up. It's ingrained in me like the Orioles.

Well the old girl is on life support. Alarm doesn't always work or it does but no snoozes. I searched eBay late last night and found almost the exact one for sale. 30 bucks. Says it's new... We'll see in a few days.

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

I've got a fancy Beddi with all the bells and whistles because I prefer military time and very few alarm clocks have that option.

123800061638877p?$690$&wid=690&hei=690

It glows if I want, it beeps when I get an email, it plays Spotify, has nature sounds the whole nine yards.

Got it 70% clearance.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've got a fancy Beddi with all the bells and whistles because I prefer military time and very few alarm clocks have that option.

123800061638877p?$690$&wid=690&hei=690

It glows if I want, it beeps when I get an email, it plays Spotify, has nature sounds the whole nine yards.

Got it 70% clearance.

I had to "deal with" military time when I worked at Letterkenny. Especially on 2nd shift, I always had to subtract 12 before I knew what time it was.