Crazy O

Random Thoughts

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Lord Castle has a nice ring to it.

I dont mind GrayRod, We have EdRod, K-Rod, not like its only Arod.

That's the problem.  It's tired and lazy.

13 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Does anyone else get annoyed at the overuse of anagrams? I can't tell you how many times that I read something where someone uses letters or super-shortened versions of a person's name, and I have no idea who they mean.  DSJ goes on the IL, and I'm thinking about which player has a name that begins with a D and ends in a J? It was Dwight Smith Jr, which many others probably knew instantly, but it annoys me to no end that I have to decipher it, rather than someone taking a whole two seconds to type out the name.

"ME" throws me for a second whenever I see that. DD- Dan Duquette, I get that. That was easy. But Elias doesn't need a shortening.  Anyway, it's possible that it's an indication that I'm getting older.  Hopefully I won't wind up being that old fella yelling at kids to "Get off my lawn!" LOL! :D

You will. It's inevitable. I was one of the coolest dudes in my class of 1980. Still felt and thought (and acted) like a 16 year old till a few years ago. But you just get grizzled by life and you think less and less of the the young kids today.

My mom bought this statuette of two young girls. Just grates on my last nerve. One girl is holding out a cell phone. Both with fat butts and doing the duck lips. The text at the bottom... "Let's take a selfie!"

Shake. My. Head.

• Upvote 1

One little bit from a silly vid I was watching... CHECK OUT THIS KEYBOARD!!!!!!!1!!1

:awesome:

On 5/6/2019 at 11:51 PM, scOtt said:

They know.

This morning I was looking for Ryan Mountcastle's minor league numbers. I usually search for stats on mlb.com . Since Ryan hasn't played in the show he's not listed at all. So I went to Baseball Reference. Rare when I use BB Ref but I do occasionally. This is this morning on my home computer.

I just got home from work at 11:30 pm. I'm emptying out the bag I carry. Empty bottles of Dew, my badge, safety glasses, band-aids, antibiotic, Alleve etc. Everything I carry to work. I grab my phone... It has butt-dialed, bag-dialed, Google search.... on BB REF!

EVERYTHING we do online, They know. They know everything we Google. They know everything we watch on youtube. They know everything we put on or look at on facebook. They have a copy of all 104,129 of my posts on here, and all of yours too. They know EVERY SINGLE THING we buy online. They know every single email we write or receive on every address we use. They know every sordid thing we do on the internet. Nothing is private anymore.

And not only do They know the raw data, They have it all sorted and separated into patterns. For EVERY one of us. Back in the day a lot of people had the infamous "FBI file". Nowadays we ALL have one, in ginormous super computers down in DC and Virginia. They know ALL!

George Orwell only got the year wrong.

See? SEE???????

memesandmoodz_64709162_1380993292052625_

;)

Look at this BEAUT I won on auction!!! 73 bucks!!!! It's worth 3 times that if it's half decent!

First year Morgan silver dollar, 1878. They struck 2 or 3 hundred thousand with 8 tail feathers on the eagle on the reverse. Then somebody realized that eagles only have ODD numbers of tail feathers. 😛 So they changed the dies and restruck them. Shows 7 tail feathers but you can still see the 8 underneath.

FE545CB07CFD01375431543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

FEFE27D07CFD01375432543D7EF8F2C1.jpg

edit: Fixed dead link to pics

• Upvote 1

I have forgotten/lost what Pink Floyd song that lyrics snippet is from. Any help?

• Upvote 1

It rained today

After a while the sun came out

So I went out and strolled about the shops

Didn't see anything I liked so I didn't buy anything

On the way home I posted a letter

'Sbeen quite a nice day!

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

It rained today

After a while the sun came out

So I went out and strolled about the shops

Didn't see anything I liked so I didn't buy anything

On the way home I posted a letter

'Sbeen quite a nice day!

So different from the Beatles'

"Sitting in an English garden, waiting for the sun.

If the sun don't come, you get a tan from standing in the English rain."

(From memory, may have some words wrong.)