YardBirds13

ACC Thread

Here's hoping for a good game out of VT tonight.

Somehow greenberg always gets a great effort out of the hokies against top ranked teams.

Wow, a great effort is an understatement tonight. Virginia Tech is playing some great defense. 6 and a half to go as I type, but I think this game is over.

Edited by beaner

Yeah, the Hokies look great tonight. If they can pull it out tonight they are right back in the bubble picture for the ACC, which tells me 9 teams will be in the hunt battling for 6-7 spots.

Honestly, the more teams in the mix for me, the better. So while it's tough to root for the Hokies, I'll be happy if they get a big win.

Wow, a great effort is an understatement tonight. Virginia Tech is playing some great defense. 6 and a half to go as I type, but I think this game is over.

The moral of this story, as always, is that I'm an idiot.

Wow, what a win by VT.

Duke beats MD this week and gets #1 again!

Yup, huge win for the Hokies.

They now have the legit win you need to be in a bubble discussion.

9 teams can now have legit claims to be able to fight for a tourney birth this year.

Don't worry, they have to go to Wake a week from tonight, and the Deacs will have a full week to get ready.

This bothers me btw.

One thing I have noticed about some of the schedules the last few years is how so many of the ACC schools get a full week off deep into the ACC season...This week off for Wake isn't deep into the ACC schedule but I think you get my point.

For example, UNC has a full week off late in February...Then, they play 2 games over like 5 days and then have off until the ACC tourney..Lots of rest.

Duke hasn't had this luxury...They get their time off in December...I am not sure if that is how K wants it or how it ends up being scheduled but I certainly think it has played a part in Duke getting tired at the end of the year as of late.

This bothers me btw.

One thing I have noticed about some of the schedules the last few years is how so many of the ACC schools get a full week off deep into the ACC season...This week off for Wake isn't deep into the ACC schedule but I think you get my point.

For example, UNC has a full week off late in February...Then, they play 2 games over like 5 days and then have off until the ACC tourney..Lots of rest.

Duke hasn't had this luxury...They get their time off in December...I am not sure if that is how K wants it or how it ends up being scheduled but I certainly think it has played a part in Duke getting tired at the end of the year as of late.

Ehh, I dunno.

I agree with the point that it seems silly for teams to get the full week off late in the year, but if I'm not mistaken everyone plays either Saturday or Sunday before the ACC Tourney, so I don't know how big a deal that is.

I think Duke fading has had more to due with a lack of depth than the schedule, although I guess the schedule didnt help.

This yeah that shouldnt be a problem for them, given how deep they are.

Ehh, I dunno.

I agree with the point that it seems silly for teams to get the full week off late in the year, but if I'm not mistaken everyone plays either Saturday or Sunday before the ACC Tourney, so I don't know how big a deal that is.

I think Duke fading has had more to due with a lack of depth than the schedule, although I guess the schedule didnt help.

This yeah that shouldnt be a problem for them, given how deep they are.

That's certainly a larger factor but the desire and need to have them on TV so much, especially late in the year when everyone is more focused on college BBall and not on the NFL, certainly hurts their scheduling I would guess.

Carolina is playing defense here in the second half, this is nice to see. Hopefully my man FLK is watching Ellington tonight.

Carolina is playing defense here in the second half, this is nice to see. Hopefully my man FLK is watching Ellington tonight.

They look great tonight. Definitely look like the best team in the country to me tonight. Clemson isn't a pushover and they destroyed them in the second half.

Too bad for Carolina they don't get a return shot at Wake later in the year.

I like that the league expanded, but I really hate that you don't get home and home with everyone in the league.