McLovin

Howard Stern show discussion

Steve Langford is reporting (via Twitter) that Eric S. Lynch (i.e., Eric The Midget) had died. :(

JD said Langford doesn't have a twitter, thus it's a fake Langford, which is really sad.

Sad that there's a fake Langford, not that ETM is apparently still alive.

• Upvote 1

JD said Langford doesn't have a twitter, thus it's a fake Langford, which is really sad.

Sad that there's a fake Langford, not that ETM is apparently still alive.

Phew! That's a relief.

I was really bummed out for a minute there. Thanks! :)

Phew! That's a relief.

I was really bummed out for a minute there. Thanks! :)

And the greatest little actor in the world has recently tweeted, so yeah, he's alive.

Does anyone know why they have Kathy Griffin on so much? She is not funny. Or interesting. I listened for a few minutes and then turned the channel when she came on this morning.

The golden years with Jackie and Billy West still reign supreme, but the show has been pretty good as of late. All of the Charlie Sheen stuff has been a gold mine.

For me the golden years are the Artie years, especially at Sirius. But I didn't listen that much before that, I would mostly watch the E show while listening to the show for maybe 20 minutes a day before Sirius.

I miss Artie on the show for many reasons:

- He's a great story teller.

- He would occasionally be involved in entertaining radio fights.

- Most importantly, he's very funny and was someone Howard could riff with in terms of comedy.

That last part is really missing now imo. Robin isn't a comic or funny on a consistent basis and no one else talks much, so it's all on Howard, who certainly has his moments, but I feel he needs someone else to work with at this point to be consistently funny.

It's odd that they continue to leave that chair empty. They felt the need to replace Jackie even though he didn't even talk that much most of the time. He was followed by a revolving comedians for quite some time before Artie took over full-time. Now that Artie is gone and apparently not returning, it would make sense to bring someone else in.

From what I have heard of Billy West, he was funny -- especially with his Jackie impressions -- but nothing comes close to Artie. Jackie had some moments but overall he wasn't really that funny and all the stuff he did to promote himself and act like he was as big as Howard bumped him down a few notches for me.

When Artie was on the show, I listened because of him, not because of Howard. I love Howard and think he is funny, but Artie was the driving force behind that show for 10 years and they really need to find another good voice to take his place. When it's just Howard talking, you already know what he's going to say and where the conversation is going to go. With Artie it was unpredictable.

Another Artie fan here... I still like the show, but my main reason for listening is hoping for updates on Lange.

Well those are few and far between.

savebabygorilla.com is good for updates, not that there are many nowadays.

Edited by mweb

Artie could be really funny, or he could be asleep/nodding off from heroin dependence. Jackie argued with Howard and Billy West as Marge Schott is still the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Who would you replace Artie with? My vote would be Lewis Black or Dave Attell.

I don't care but she is effing annoying.

Never found the bit even a little funny and now its getting trotted out every ten minutes, even playing clips during News with Robin.

My biggest gripe with the Stern Show is the repetition I see. How many times are we going to have an Adult Star on the show, Kathy Griffin, Debbie the Pet Lady, etc? The show sucks for the time that they are on, even if Howard is a pretty interesting interviewer.

The main "regulars" I like are Gilbert Godfried, Yucko, and King of all Blacks.

I don't believe everything he believes in and we can't really talk about much of it here, but Jesse Ventura is one of my favorite guests on the show.

Oh and the Chris Rock interview was great as well.

Edited by mweb

I don't believe everything he believes in and we can't really talk about much of it here, but Jesse Ventura is one of my favorite guests on the show.

Oh and the Chris Rock interview was great as well.

I agree 100%, but I'm biased. I would love to see Jesse Ventura as President of the USA, and Chris Rock is one of my favorite comedians.