DrungoHazewood

Kids at OPACY without tickets

What's the age limit for kids getting into Oriole Park without a ticket? I know I've brought one of my kids in when he was 4-5 months old, but I can't find the limit anywhere on the O's site. I have some friends who might want to bring their two year old to Sunday's game.

I don't have a link but I know because I called and asked once. If the child is 2, they need a ticket the assumption being they will need to sit in a seat.

However, I took my 3 year old into the park (in my arms) when I bought standing room tickets for myself, and just lied about her age, and didn't feel bad about it since neither of us was going to be taking up a seat.

But 2 years old and older needs a ticket.

Why in the world would anyone want to bring a two or even three year old to a baseball game? :confused:They would just annoy you and everyone around them to death probably most of the time and be bored out of their minds?:eek:

Why in the world would anyone want to bring a two or even three year old to a baseball game? :confused:They would just annoy you and everyone around them to death probably most of the time and be bored out of their minds?:eek:

Because they enjoy being around their kids?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe you and your wife want to get out of the house for the first time in God knows how many weeks and you can't find a babysitter? Maybe you think it would be fun to have your kid at the ballpark? Maybe your kid loves to be outside, run around, eat some ice cream, look at all the people?

Maybe because you're someone who actually likes spending time with your children in an activity you enjoy and hope they will some day, too.

I've taken my oldest son (almost 2 1/2 now) to 3-4 O's games, a couple DC United matches, a Virginia Tech football game, a Norfolk Tides game... and we had lots of fun at every one. Never even got a hint from anyone else that they were annoyed by our presence.

Maybe you're more easily annoyed, or your kids were just more annoying?

Edited by DrungoHazewood
  • Upvote 1

Oh, I don't know. Maybe you and your wife want to get out of the house for the first time in God knows how many weeks and you can't find a babysitter? Maybe you think it would be fun to have your kid at the ballpark? Maybe your kid loves to be outside, run around, eat some ice cream, look at all the people?

Maybe because you're someone who acutally likes spending time with your children in an activity you enjoy and hope they will some day, too.

I've taken my oldest son (almost 2 1/2 now) to 3-4 O's games, a couple DC United matches, a Virginia Tech football game, a Norfolk Tides game... and we had lots of fun at every one. Never even got a hint from anyone else that they were annoyed by our presence.

They didn't have kids back in his day. :D

I liked baseball as an eight or nine year old and I thought it was cool that my parents took me to O's games before I could even walk. I am curious to read your guide on parenting but I have read that it can benefit a child's development for them to be exposed to large group situations such as sporting events at a young age, especially with a parent, so as to nurture a tolerance to unfamiliar surroundings. I think the way you are lumping all children together is unfair. I know some kids that when they were two wouldn't annoy their parents or those around them at a baseball game, they would simply take it in. A large part of parenting (in my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong) is knowing your own child's strengths and weaknesses and deciding what they are old enough to experience.

I don't have a link but I know because I called and asked once. If the child is 2, they need a ticket the assumption being they will need to sit in a seat.

However, I took my 3 year old into the park (in my arms) when I bought standing room tickets for myself, and just lied about her age, and didn't feel bad about it since neither of us was going to be taking up a seat.

But 2 years old and older needs a ticket.

3 and under

Thank you.

Maybe because you're someone who actually likes spending time with your children in an activity you enjoy and hope they will some day, too.

They didn't have kids back in his day. :D
I thought in his day, kids were seen but not heard.

As a young parent whose wife maintained a jaundiced eye on the household finances, offering to take the sprout out of the house for half a day turned the she-wolf commisar of finance into cinderalla with an open purse.

• Upvote 1

You were probably watching baseball when you were 2....how else would you know so much?

I know back in your day kids were too busy toiling in factories or hawking newspapers on street corners to get out and enjoy a baseball game once in a while, but things have gotten a bit easier since the turn of the 20th century.