Frobby

I'm slow to judge, but Trembley officially lost me tonight

Whether he's a decent game-manager or not, it's just easier to replace the manager at this point. You get a new coach in here and everything starts off new for the guys. You change the whole perspective. That's not to say that they won't still suck, but it has to at least be tried with a lame-duck manager who clearly isn't going to cut it.

Agree. The blame isn't Trembley's it is McPhails. McPhail made a terrible decision to bring him back. One of a long line of bad decsions. Trembley has been consistently bad. I'm beginning to think, so has McPhail.

Just saw DT interviewed and he was asked point blank about the play where someone didn't run out a ground ball. DT said he didn't know what play Thorne was talking about, that they players were playing as hard as they could. He also excused the failure to advance the runners by saying they were trying. Sorry Dave, I'm not buying it.

The deal with Lugo tonight sealed it for me. He knows he's gone.

Even if he knows he's gone, you'd think he'd have the pride to yank Lugo for that kind of lack of effort. But I don't remember ever seeing Trembley hold a veteran player accountable for anything. If that were Pie loafing to 1st, I'm sure Trembley would have been all over him, but not Lugo.

Lugo should be cut and Turner should be handed the job everyday until (if) Roberts comes back. If Roberts does have a career ending injury, we'll need to give Turner an extended audition to see if he's the answer at 2b. No time like the present for that given the O's record. But Trembley will keep putting Lugo's name in the lineup, loafing and all despite Turner's possible upside and the organizational needs. Very frustrating.

Just saw DT interviewed and he was asked point blank about the play where someone didn't run out a ground ball. DT said he didn't know what play Thorne was talking about, that they players were playing as hard as they could. He also excused the failure to advance the runners by saying they were trying. Sorry Dave, I'm not buying it.

Yeah, I just got finished watching that as well. And I agree 100%.

DT comes off as a nice guy. But, when it comes to his job, he is completely feckless.

Agree. The blame isn't Trembley's it is McPhails. McPhail made a terrible decision to bring him back. One of a long line of bad decsions. Trembley has been consistently bad. I'm beginning to think, so has McPhail.

Yep. Bringing Trembley back was a horrible decision.

They players needed a breath of fresh air and a new voice and strategy.

Instead they got the same stench of losing...

unfortunately I'm finally jumping on the fire Trembley bandwagon as well. I didn't want to put all the blame on him and I still think it isn't entirely his fault. My men's slowpitch softball team could out hit this team and we are all out of shape. The team needs to take responsibility but Trembley at the helm has never worked. He tried restoring fundamentals at the beginning but that got old pretty quickly. He has been here for parts of four seasons and has a record of 174-256. What is worse is that his winning percentage (or should I say, the team's winning percentage) has dropped in each season he has been manager -- including the abysmal current .143 winning percentage.

A change needs to be made. I'm wondering: who takes over? Crowley? He should probably be canned as well. Shelby? Samuel? Datz? Probably not, he is a Trembley guy. Dunn? We see how well the bullpen coach taking over has worked. Kranitz? He has done well with our pitchers. Or do we bring someone in from the outside?

On an unrelated note, I truly hope that BJ Surhoff will become hitting coach in the near future

A change needs to be made. I'm wondering: who takes over? Crowley? He should probably be canned as well. Shelby? Samuel? Datz? Probably not, he is a Trembley guy. Dunn? We see how well the bullpen coach taking over has worked. Kranitz? He has done well with our pitchers. Or do we bring someone in from the outside?

We need an outsider.

• Upvote 1

unfortunately I'm finally jumping on the fire Trembley bandwagon as well. I didn't want to put all the blame on him and I still think it isn't entirely his fault. My men's slowpitch softball team could out hit this team and we are all out of shape. The team needs to take responsibility but Trembley at the helm has never worked. He tried restoring fundamentals at the beginning but that got old pretty quickly. He has been here for parts of four seasons and has a record of 174-256. What is worse is that his winning percentage (or should I say, the team's winning percentage) has dropped in each season he has been manager -- including the abysmal current .143 winning percentage.

On an unrelated note, I truly hope that BJ Surhoff will become hitting coach in the near future

We need someone from outside the organization, ASAP.