Sign in to follow this  
Go_Os

Scott Boras' client list

I knew that he represented many big names like A-Rod, Teixeira, Beltran and others, but the sheer number of clients that he's amassed is amazing. Agents typically make 3%-5% of their clients salary, so it's probably safe to say that he's earned over $100 million in commissions. He's a controversial agent, but you have to respect the guy for his success.

Updated 5-11-10

Major League

Tony Abreu

Garret Anderson

Rick Ankiel

Jeff Baker

Carlos Beltran

Adrian Beltre

Hank Blalock

Julio Borbon

Willie Bloomquist

Shin-Soo Choo

Chris Coghlan

Alex Cora

Joe Crede

Johnny Damon

Chris Davis

J.D. Drew

Stephen Drew

Jacoby Ellsbury

Prince Fielder

Dexter Fowler

Carlos Gomez

Carlos Gonzalez

Mike Gonzalez

Luke Hochevar

Matt Holliday

Edwin Jackson

Andruw Jones

Jair Jurrjens

Ian Kennedy

Gerald Laird

Matt LaPorta

Jeff Larish

Kyle Lohse

Rodrigo Lopez

Derek Lowe

Ryan Madson

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Kevin Millwood

Zach Miner

Kendry Morales

Xavier Nady

Magglio Ordonez

Micah Owings

Mike Pelfrey

Carlos Pena

Oliver Perez

Manny Ramirez

Anthony Reyes

Alex Rodriguez

Ivan Rodriguez

Max Scherzer

Scott Schoeneweis

Bobby Seay

Ryan Spilborghs

Julian Tavarez

Taylor Teagarden

Mark Teixeira

Jason Varitek

Ron Villone

Jarrod Washburn

Jeff Weaver

Jered Weaver

Matt Wieters

Barry Zito

Minor League

Dustin Ackley

Pedro Alvarez

Jake Arrieta

Josh Barfield

Jeremy Bleich

Andrew Brackman

Jason Donald

Allan Dykstra

Danny Espinosa

Josh Fields

Jon Gaston

Grant Green

Tyler Greene

Danny Gutierrez

Mark Hamilton

Craig Hansen

Blake Hawksworth

Jeremy Hellickson

Gorkys Hernandez

Eric Hosmer

Brandon Laird

Nick Maronde

Mark McCormick

Mike Moustakas

Andy Oliver

Mark Pawelek

Wynn Pelzer

Guillermo Quiroz

Mike Rozier

Stephen Strasburg

Donavan Tate

Carlos Triunfel

Jacob Turner

Angel Villalona

Amateur

Bryce Harper

Nick Maronde

Source: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/10/scott-boras-cli.html

Wow! I "knew" but I didn't know. Much as we all hate him, you have to tip your cap. The guy has reshaped how agents work. He took the system as it was and manipulated it to suit his ends. The John D. Rockefeller of baseball. It doesn't get much more American than that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

Minor League Stats

• I didn't care for his last two.  To me Morning Phase was going over the same ground Sea Change did and Colors sounded like someone following trends, not starting them. 
    • Agreed. Well past there prime / peak. In the 90s though I feel like they were probably a band that could sell out the 9:30 Club. 
    • It's hilarious how people keep pushing the Orioles' line that their was nothing worth signing when the teams we traded slot money found people they thought were worth signing.
    • Can someone help Interloper out here?  He's says I'm on record saying cheap international guys are "trash" and evidently not wanting the team to sign them.  I don't recall ever saying the O's shouldn't sign guys (unless you count me thinking Gaston was a likely bust). Did I ever make a post saying the that lower end signees were "trash" and that the O's shouldn't sign them?  Does anyone other than Interloper remember that happening?
    • I would agree with you about a typical wet behind the ears prospect, but I'm talking about Lowther.  Lowther seems to be an exceptionally bright pitcher who knows how to pitch.  In AAA, he would be learning to get AAA batters out.  AAA is loaded with older organizational type players who aren't good enough for the majors.  What works on them won't work on quality major leagues.  He needs to learn how to get major leaguers out, and I think the best - and perhaps only - way to do that is to face them.  At some point, ya gotta go through the trials of being a rookie, and I don't see the point in waiting in his case.  You guys call that rushing him; I disagree - fwiw.           
    • One reason would be keeping it so the team had more information about their financial flexibility as far as what they could offer than the player’s advisors/agents. Maintaining that information gap could be somewhat advantageous. The other being amplifying the PR campaign by announcing the core of the draft class all at once.
    • True, I’m trying to be aware of the rarity of a pitcher who throws cutters as their primary pitch making it though. I was also pretty disappointed that his velocity didn’t really tick up in relief last year, kinda screwed up the future profile I had in mind.
  • Popular Contributors