All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. orioles22

Austin Hays 2019

He has already done pretty well at Bowie. Some wanted to see him in Baltimore. I just want to see him do well in AAA. Most of the Norfolk outfielders aren't prospects. He was sent to Norfolk in March: March 17, 2019 Baltimore Orioles optioned RF Austin Hays to Norfolk Tides.
  3. Hard to break into the O's right now if you are a corner outfielder or a first baseman. I'd personally get rid of Alberto and have Wilkerson spell the infielders when one of them needs to sit. That gets DJ up here. Wilkerson could be playing 2B on a lot of days with Villar at SS. The other option is to send down Rickard and just play Wilkerson everyday. I'm not necessarily against that. They like Wilkerson's defense enough to play Rickard in RF on days they are both in the lineup. DFA'ing Davis in July when he's still hitting under .200 and OPS'ing under .600 could get Mountcastle up here. They probably want to give Wynns a longer look as the backup. Severino isn't going anywhere. Still expect to see Sisco up at some point.
  4. orioles22

Austin Hays 2019

I was thinking he was sent to Norfolk before he got hurt and he was in Frederick on injury rehab.
  5. o NEW YORK YANKEES Pending Domingo German Polanco - RHP )) (8-1, 2.50 ERA) ) * * )) Leads the Major Leagues in Wins (8) BALTIMORE O RIOLES Pending David James Hess - RHP )) (1-5, 5.58 ERA) ) * * )) Leads the Major Leagues in Home Runs Ceded (14) https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups o
  6. Frobby

Bowie Baysox 2019

One hit shutout tonight, with the lone hit coming in the 8th inning. They came close to getting no-hit for a third time this year. They did score 12 runs on 19 hits yesterday.
  7. Exorcising the Buck demon. Not working IMHO.
  8. No need to rush Mountcastle, even if the Orioles are struggling. The others are debatable. I'd be a little surprised if they are ready to give up on Martin though. I hoped they would get Iglesias for shortstop in the off-season.
  9. What would earl do? I would call the 25-man together DFA guys, send down guys, call out guys, and reinforce To them that they suck, we know it,”...and you’re only here as long as you suck less than the next guy, and tonight you didn’t so you’re gone!”
  10. August 2010 to the end of the season it looked like Matusz was going to make the leap. And then the 2011 season it all fell apart. I blame Buck and the pitching coaches for that one.
  11. ChuckS

Austin Hays 2019

He hasn't been to Norfolk before unless it was for a college game or as a tourist. I'd like to see him sent to Bowie once he gets going a little bit here in Frederick. 4 for 28 doesn't do it for me. I need to see him get hot for a few games straight at least. Norfolk is full of outfielders at the moment anyway.
  12. Frobby

Brenan Hanifee 2019

A bad outing for Hanifee tonight, lasting only 2.2 innings and allowing 5 runs, 3 earned. He only allowed 3 hits but also walked two and hit two. All but two of the baserunners came in the third inning. Hanifee really hasn’t seemed himself this year from a command standpoint.
  13. orioles22

Dean Kremer 2019

No starter is listed for Bowie on Tuesday. I hope that is Kremer getting back to AA.
  14. Line from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly I guess not tonight. Tuco the Ugly: God is with us because he hates the yanks too!
  15. orioles22

Austin Hays 2019

I was thinking the same thing - glad to see him get some hits. I'd imagine it's about time for him to go back to Norfolk.
  16. Not like Buck didn’t leave people in too long. Clearly gassed starting pitchers, relievers lacking command. It was different with Buck because his job was to win games. In my opinion, Hyde’s job is to develop pitchers and to increase/preserve trade value.
  17. I think Cashner is the only real trade chip we have. And maybe Givens. The rest of them wouldn't get you 100k in International slots.
  18. Eventually. But we’re going to suffer another couple of months first.
  19. Matusz was a really good pitcher that got screwed up and then couldn’t get out of his own head. If he came up with the Rays, Braves, Giants, practically any other team, he may have been a left handed Zack Greinke.
  20. Frobby

Austin Hays 2019

Off to a very cold start rehabbing at Frederick, Austin Hays finally unloaded for a homer tonight. Only hitting .143 (4 for 28) so far, but hopefully tonight gets him going.
  21. Like I have said before, the way Hyde manages the bullpen makes me appreciate Buck a lot more.
  22. Can_of_corn

Alex Wells 2019

Calling him up to play in the outfield?
  23. Frobby

Alex Wells 2019

You know what’s annoying? The Baysox have a twitter feed where they post game updates about once an inning, but they didn’t even mention that Wells had been pulled, much less explain what happened or give any other information about his condition.
  1. Load more activity

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats