All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Luke-any comp you can think of for this kid? I’ve never seen him play but everything I read makes me think of another former Big East baseball player: John Valentin. Bit undersized, could play a few different positions and had some pop.
  3. I missed the last inning. Did Sucre provide demonstrative encouragement and critiques of his own pitches?
  4. DJ Stewart should be up. He looked good last season and he is a better outfielder than Mancini. Really I don't think management has a clue about baseball.
  5. o Hess held it together for 4 shutout innings before the White Sox got to him in the 5th. 15 OUTS: ) 5 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 2 Foulout, 2 Lineouts DAVID JAMES HESS ))))))) (FINAL NUMBERS) IP:ll5 H:lll 5 ))(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles) R:llll 4 BB:ll2 SO:ll3 Pitches: )l 76) (47 )Strikes, )29 )Balls) 2019 ERA: )l 5.88 ) 26.00 IP (17 ER) 2019 WHIP: )l 1.231 ) 26.00 IP (32 H/BB) 2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .250 ) (25 for 100) PITCHES BY INNING ******************* 10 ll(71 llStrikes, lll31 lllBalls) 14 ll(91 llStrikes, lll51 lllBalls) 15 ll(91 llStrikes, lll61 lllBalls) 51 ll(31 llStrikes, lll21 lllBalls) 32 ll(19 llStrikes, l13 llllllBalls) o
  6. They miss Wieters behind the plate.
  7. o Hess held it together for 4 shutout innings before the White Sox got to him in the 5th. 15 OUTS: ) 5 Flyouts, 3 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 2 Foulout, 2 Lineouts DAVID JAMES HESS ))))))) (vs. WHITE SOX, 4/22) IP:ll5 H:lll 5 ))(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles) R:llll 4 BB:ll2 SO:ll3 Pitches: )l 76) (47 )Strikes, )29 )Balls) 2019 ERA: )l 5.88 ) 26.00 IP (17 ER) 2019 WHIP: )l 1.231 ) 26.00 IP (32 H/BB) 2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .250 ) (25 for 100) PITCHES BY INNING ******************* 10 ll(71 llStrikes, lll31 lllBalls) 14 ll(91 llStrikes, lll51 lllBalls) 15 ll(91 llStrikes, lll61 lllBalls) 51 ll(31 llStrikes, lll21 lllBalls) 32 ll(19 llStrikes, l13 llllllBalls) o
  8. No pitchers with elite stuff, track record of performance, and desirable delivery/measurables. I think Lodolo is probably the top pitcher, I like him better than Singer last year, but doesn’t really have TOR upside, he’s 92-95 lefty with sink, slider, curveball, change. Throws strikes, lots of GBs, avg command. Slider is a new pitch and gives him a chance to miss more bats. Other potential top pitchers drafted are Alek Manoah who is an extra large human, 93-98, plus slider, developing change, has had command and consistency problems but has really improved as the season has progressed. Was pretty much projected as a reliever at the beginning of the year, but has shook that label. Jackson Rutledge who is a JUCO guy with command issues but a huge frame and huge stuff, he’s t100, he’s kind of a Nate Pearson clone. Zach Thompson who is a lefty who was kind of falling down draft boards until he sat 94-96 this past weekend with a plus curveball. His stuff is so inconsistent, it’d be a hard sell for me before 20 overall. George Kirby who doesn’t have anything plus, but is polished, with a bunch of average to 55 grade pitches and potential above average command. Then my favorite, Seth Johnson, who has a best mechanics of them all IMO, converted SS, has pitched one year since middle school. 91-96 t98, plus slider, high spin curveball, change. Poor pitch-ability and below average command, but like I said he’s literally just started pitching. He could be 4 plus pitches with successful development. The lack of track record could be viewed as a plus or a minus. Those are the top college arms, the high school class has depth but doesn’t have anyone I’d be excited about taking in the top 15 overall.
  9. Making lemonade out of lemons, the BP ERA is 6.55, 29th. Coming in at #30, the Nats, 7.41.
  10. They are still off the AL record for runs allowed in a season. They are allowing 6.71 runs a game. The 1996 Tigers allowed 6.81 runs per game. So things could be worse.
  11. He’s been a real good bench player for them. That’s elite when you think about how few play in the NBA. Good for him. Scored 14 the other night I think.
  12. How bad is too bad? I knew this season would be rough to watch and they’d lose a lot of games but it seems to be bordering on ridiculous to be so non competitive.
  13. They said the Orioles have used 12 position players to pitch since coming to Baltimoe. Three already this year in less then a month. Not good.
  14. David Hess was ok through five. He gave up four runs. The team was anemic at the plate once again, but when position players are among your best pitchers, it hardly matters.
  15. Kids were off of school today.
  16. We Need a new strategy. Elias completely missed on his first two number one overalls with the Astros. These picks guarantee nothing.
  17. I was disappointed that Wilkerson got the call over DJ Stewart. It's hard to imagine they are playing service clock games with DJ since he's not very highly regarded, so maybe the FO just doesn't like what he brings to the table. I don't think his ability to play center (which is probably a questionable ability at best) is enough reason for a 27 year old org guy to get the call over a player who we really have no reason not to be evaluating at the major league level.
  18. http://www.orioleshangout.com/2019/04/22/orioles-destroyed-by-white-sox-12-2/
  19. ChuckS

Bowie Baysox 2019

I'm most disappointed with Diaz and McKenna out of the prospects across all of our affiliates. Diaz I expected to come out strong since he's repeating Double A. I guess the Eastern League is much tougher than the Texas League as now we have a sample of close to 200 at bats where he's been meh. His K/BB ratio is fine but doesn't appear to be doing much damage. Just one HR and three doubles in 65 at bats this season. McKenna was on fire in the AFL, but he's striking out in almost a third of his plate appearances in Bowie. He's at .186 .595 now. Looking forward to Hays' return.
  20. Basketball is always the right decision. Especially if you aren't a cant miss prospect.
  21. You were the one going on and on about framing for years. It doesn't really seem to matter after all.
  22. How can a guy with such good stuff get lit up as much as he does?
  1. Load more activity

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Spring Training Stats

Baseball Savant Stats