View Poll Results: Which QB option do you prefer...read post first.
- 11. You may not vote on this poll
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 53
05-06-2011 06:33 PM #1
Vince Young (as reported) and other possible QB Targets (POLL)
So like it or not (I'm in the not camp for the most part), the South Florida South-Sentinel is reporting, from unnamed sources, that the Redskins are the front-runners for Vince Young's services. Redskins beat writer Rich Tandler has also heard talk of Vince Young in the nation's capital, so the smoke is building here. Due a $4.25 million bonus in addition to his $8.5 million salary, Young is likely to be released rather than traded. The Redskins are one of very few teams with no semblance of a viable starting QB. It's easy to see why V.Y. would be interested in signing on, as it's his quickest path to playing time. [SOURCE]
This made me want to know exactly which QBs are available for the Redskins to acquire. NOTE: I am working under the assumption that McNabb will be traded and the Redskins will return to more traditional methods of killing worms.
- Stick with Grossbeck: By most accounts, the Shanaplan in this scenario would be to give Beck a shot.
- Sign FA Vince Young: I'm obviously assuming that the Titans are going to move on from him. He has some intangibles, but lacks accuracy. I'm a bit baffled by the interest because he does not appear to fit the Shanahan system (skill set or attitude).
- Trade in division for Eagles Kevin Kolb: It'll likely take a 1st or 2nd & 3rd type package.
- Trade for Kyle Orton: There are rumors that a deal with Haynesworth is possible. I do not believe these rumors, but they are worth mentioning.
- Sign FA Mark Bulger: Probably not ideal and it is said that he will sign with the Cards once free agency begins.
- Sign Matt Hasselbeck: For what it is worth, Peter King said he will not be returning to Seattle.
- Sign FA Peyton Manning to a 1 Gazillion $$ deal: Kidding.
- Sign FA Brett Farve: Kidding and vomiting in my mouth.
- Sign FA Seneca Wallace: Ummm...yeah, we could do that.
- Sign FA Matt Moore: Filled in adequately at times in Carolina...and inadequately at others.
- Sign FA Alex Smith: 49ers drafted Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick and may be finished with the Alex Smith Experiment. I am finished with it myself.
- Sign FA Caleb Hanie: Showed some things in the playoffs, but will likely be kept by CHI
- Sign FA Matt Leinart: I don't think Houston will him go, but he does carry a clipboard with authority.
Other Free Agents:
Todd Collins (CHI)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Trent Edwards (JAC)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Brodie Croyle (KC)
Chad Pennington (MIA)
Tyler Thigpen (MIA)
Tarvaris Jackson (MIN)
Jim Sorgi (NYG)
Kellen Clemens (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK) (HE'S AVAILABLE!!!)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Billy Volek (SD)
Troy Smith (SF)
Kerry Collins (TEN)
And as always...
If there is a brightside, it is that if Big Ben keeps living by this motto, he will be available soon too. Then we can go get him (and hide our kids, hide our wives, hide our husbands...)
Last edited by JDubs; 05-06-2011 at 06:43 PM.
05-06-2011 06:39 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
- Camden, DE
I like Young or Jackson to compete with one or both of Rex and Beck.
05-06-2011 06:48 PM #3
I posted what Schefter said in the draft thread that JDubs made... He says it's Beck. And Grossman is an FA.
05-06-2011 06:58 PM #4
So I guess my question is, which of these two pieces of information is more recent/accurate (VY vs John Beck)?
05-06-2011 07:02 PM #5
05-06-2011 07:39 PM #6
I think most Coaches and GMs will see Young as a project with risk. I don't think he gets a starting job until he can prove he is a team-player and not a problem in the locker room. With that said, maybe both stories are correct and Shanahan wants to let Beck and Young compete for the job.
05-06-2011 08:22 PM #7
So what you all are saying is that we are all in consensus.
05-06-2011 09:18 PM #8
05-07-2011 12:26 AM #9
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
- cecil county, md
I honestly think Beck could be your guy. I said that a few years ago when we traded him to you. Young would bring some excitement and probably could get you guys 8 or 9 wins but he's not a championship caliber QB. IMO, the worse thing you could do is pay a premium price for Kolb.
05-07-2011 01:42 PM #10
Why wouldn't you go after Vince Young if you are the Skins?
I know he has some issues but the guy does win and you need someone to compete with Beck.
At least Young has some upside.
05-07-2011 02:03 PM #11
05-07-2011 05:16 PM #12
The answer to your question is very obvious.
05-08-2011 10:02 AM #13
Let's say he is a problem...just drop him. Who cares?
If I am the Skins, I bring in Young and some kind of veteran to be a 3rd QB, like say Volek. This way, if Young is a problem, you just cut him and have a vet back up.
They are obviously comfortable with Beck at this point, so if he is the starter, that's fine.
05-08-2011 10:17 AM #14
05-08-2011 10:20 AM #15