View Poll Results: Which QB option do you prefer...read post first.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Grossbeck or other

3 27.27%
  • Vince Young (FA)

2 18.18%
  • Kevin Kolb (Trade)

2 18.18%
  • Kyle Orton (Trade)

2 18.18%
  • Mark Bulger (FA)

0 0%
  • Matt Haselbeck (FA)

1 9.09%
  • Seneca Wallace (FA)

0 0%
  • Matt Moore (FA)

0 0%
  • Caleb Hanie (FA)

0 0%
  • Matt Leinart (FA)

1 9.09%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by backwardsk View Post
    He won't be released, IMO. But he won't be back. Shanahan has never said that publicly, and he wouldn't, but they'll split. They won't get what they gave up for him, but there are enough teams out there that'll want a QB. I would imagine Minnesota, Miami, and Arizona would be the top three destinations.
    I'll say that they will find a trade destination for him, but if for some reason they don't, he will be released in the last round of cuts in camp. His bonus isn't due until the first day of the regular season, so they can wait up until then to cut him and see what someone wants to pay (by then it's too late to learn another team's offense for the season), so they have all the leverage to trade him. But they won't pay that bonus.

clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    That helps...But 4-5 million for that walking pile of poop is still too much when you consider the baggage he brings.

TO at his worse was 100 times better to have on your team than this guy.

Mr. Hankey is offended that you would use that comparison!

Looks like MIN is plotting on VY. He and AP have been working out together, rumored to be schooling him on the playbook. RUMORED...but makes sense.

JDubs is offline Plus Member since 9/10 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    Looks like MIN is plotting on VY. He and AP have been working out together, rumored to be schooling him on the playbook. RUMORED...but makes sense.
    Very interesting. Of course, players are intermingling quite a bit right now, but the playbook stuff suggests more. It could be VY merely exploring whether he would like the system. A collateral effect of this would be that it would reduce the trade value of McNabb a bit since MN is of the primary targets for his services. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on that situation.

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    That surprises me a little. I would think teams that just drafted a QB like Minnesota, Tennessee, and Cincinnati would be interested in a veteran on the backside of their career to help transition to their draft pick. Guys like Bulger and McNabb.

I've heard or read where it appears that Kolb is a done deal to Arizona. I still think McNabb's likely destination is Miami.

Yeah, I don't know if it's AP working out with him on his own, or if there is some behind the scenes reason they are working out together. There was a quick story on PFT about how MIN was not interested in VY because if they get a veteran they want one that can't REALLY win the job from Ponder, but I smell BS there, because what veteran-should-be-contending team wants to throw a rookie out there sink or swim?

JDubs is offline Plus Member since 9/10 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Bump.

I thought it would be humorous to go back and look at this thread. It still holds up though, IMO.

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubs View Post
    Bump.

I thought it would be humorous to go back and look at this thread. It still holds up though, IMO.
    I think that funniest thing in this thread was the reports of VY in DC when a scam artist got busted in the area for impersonating VY.