DuffMan is offline Plus Member Since 10/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLex View Post
    I have no doubt they're going to end Season 3 with the Red Wedding.
    I could see them doing that, but at the same time I think they might put that in episode 9. Sort of like what they did with Ned's beheading being in episode 9 and episode 10 more of dealing with the aftermath.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
    I could see them doing that, but at the same time I think they might put that in episode 9. Sort of like what they did with Ned's beheading being in episode 9 and episode 10 more of dealing with the aftermath.
    Yeah, that might make more sense. They could have one episode end with Robb's death and the next with Joffrey's. If they end the third season with Robb's betrayal/death, there will be a lot of pissed off fans. Haha.

Well, Renly bites it this week. Should be a hoot!

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Well, Renly bites it this week. Should be a hoot!
    Based on the write up for the episode sounds like we get our first glimpse at wildfire too!

Someone said Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond from LOST) might be in the running for the role of Mance Rayder. If true, that'd be phenomenal casting right there.

Damn, they're really changing a lot.

Damn, they're really changing a lot.
    Trying not to let it bother me tooo much, but some of it is Looks like we won't get to see Lorch get eaten/mauled by a bear.

Orioles West is offline Plus Member Since 01/09 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Some of the changes I understand, since not all of the active characters have POV chapters, other things they are skipping or adding make little sense to me. I know I am a bit biased, so I defer to my wife's call on some of the episodes, since she has not read the series. Last night, neither of us were impressed, but I think George RR Martin wrote next week's episode if I recall correctly.

-Don

Gurgi is offline Plus Member Since 6/05 All-Star Reputation
    I honestly liked pretty much the whole episode. I thought it was the best of the season so far. Loved the Ygrite hip grinding then jumping to osha doing her wildling sex tease on Theon.

I finally realize they have only ten episodes so they have to compress lots of stuff.

I was freaked with the stealing of danys dragons. But I guess they thought that the main story line of dany was way to slow and boring for most viewers. They have to crank up her action level or they might have viewers groan everytime she comes on the screen.

Because when I read the books I hated the dany chapters and often just skipped the whole thing. Wasnt till I reread the books that I finally got thru all the boring crap of her story arc.

square634 is offline Plus Member since 9/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi View Post
    I honestly liked pretty much the whole episode. I thought it was the best of the season so far. Loved the Ygrite hip grinding then jumping to osha doing her wildling sex tease on Theon.

I finally realize they have only ten episodes so they have to compress lots of stuff.

I was freaked with the stealing of danys dragons. But I guess they thought that the main story line of dany was way to slow and boring for most viewers. They have to crank up her action level or they might have viewers groan everytime she comes on the screen.

Because when I read the books I hated the dany chapters and often just skipped the whole thing. Wasnt till I reread the books that I finally got thru all the boring crap of her story arc.
    I am also someone who has mostly disliked Danaerys from the beginning, although I know most people don't agree with me (she is my girlfriend's favorite character for example). To me, Dany was interesting for about half of a book somewhere in the middle, and then in Dance she was worse than ever.

Orioles West is offline Plus Member Since 01/09 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi View Post

Ygrite's intro was the highlight of the show for me, but the other changes are not needed in my estimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orioles West View Post
    Ygrite's intro was the highlight of the show for me, but the other changes are not needed in my estimation.
    I love her grinding on Snow.

Boing!

Malike is online now Plus Member Since 5/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Was glad they introduced Ygritte. Not glad that the dragons were stolen. I'm a huge fan of the books and I realize there is a lot of material to get through, but I'm not that impressed with Season 2 thus far.

Edit: And seriously? Not a single "You know nothing, John Snow" from Ygritte the entire episode? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Malike View Post
    Was glad they introduced Ygritte. Not glad that the dragons were stolen. I'm a huge fan of the books and I realize there is a lot of material to get through, but I'm not that impressed with Season 2 thus far.

Edit: And seriously? Not a single "You know nothing, John Snow" from Ygritte the entire episode? Seriously?
    The stealing of the dragons is just needless drama to jazz things up for TV, that was probably the most annoying part of the episode for me. To be honest I haven't been too impressed with most of the Qarth story and the changes they've made to it. And I was a big fan of Dany in the books (at least before ADWD).

I also didn't like the fact that Ygritte escaped instead of being let go by Jon.

And just so it doesn't sound like I'm complaining about all the changes I'll mention a good change that wasn't in the book. The scene with the Hound rescuing Sansa was great. In the book we know that he rescues, but we don't actually see that happen. The scene they created for the episode was a good representation of what would've happened to Sansa.

I understand that it's not going to be a straight adaptation and there are going to be changes that need to be made to get everything into 10 episodes, but sometimes I feel like they are changing things that really don't need to be changed. I think season 3 will be alot better since A Storm of Swords will be split up into 2 seasons, this should give them more time to tell the story and not rush somethings.