UPDATE on the Giants Fan Beating Suspect(s)

OFFNY

o

Tony, Scottie, Paul :

I know that this is not Oriole-related, but I believe that a lot of posters might be interested to know the latest on this awful tragedy that occured on opening day in California. Perhaps you can let this thread stay in the Oriole forum just until tomorrow morning, and then combine it with the actual thread, which is in the appropriate MLB section. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your help. :)

THIS MORNING: SUSPECT CAUGHT BY SWAT TEAM

TONIGHT: SUSPECT'S NAME RELEASED, HELD ON 1 MILLION BAIL

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=6575516

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/108856-Giants-Fan-Beaten-At-Dodger-Game-Likely-Suffered-Brain-Damage

o

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S. The victim himself has improved somewhat, opening his eyes and awakening from his medically-induced coma, but is still in critical condition:

......... "Last week, doctors reported that Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic and father of two, is able to open his eyes but remains in critical condition after being transferred to San Francisco General Hospital. Stow had been at Los Angeles County-University of Southern California Medical Center since the attack that forced doctors to put him into a medically induced coma to avoid having seizures" .........

Appreciate the thread and the update. This was a horrible tragedy and I hope people responsible are caught and given the harshest possible sentence. There is no place for this kind of brutality in a baseball stadium where kids and families go (or anywhere else really, but especially not there).

One note - the link to the ESPN story you posted didn't go to an active page when I clicked it.

Appreciate the thread and the update. This was a horrible tragedy and I hope people responsible are caught and given the harshest possible sentence. There is no place for this kind of brutality in a baseball stadium where kids and families go (or anywhere else really, but especially not there).

One note - the link to the ESPN story you posted didn't go to an active page when I clicked it.

Thanks. I don't know why, but if you click on the link a second time, it will indeed pull the article up. It may have something to do with the fact that the article was updated after they released the name of the suspect (the original article did not release the suspect's name, it only reported the fact that he had been caught). In any case, I'll change it to the appropriate link.

I hope they also catch the other guy and the woman who drove him away. I suspect one of the three will talk. No reason to beat someone silly at a baseball game because he has another teams uniform on. It's a freakin baseball game.
I hope we remember this the next time we hear things like "Orioles fans should kick those obnoxious Yankee fans' butts". Some people appear to take these things to heart.

Is anyone else shocked that this was a 31 year old? I assumed it was going to be a teenager, early twenties gang banger.

Just an older gang banger punk.

Beck said that Ramirez’s arrest came from a tip from a law enforcement parole agent. Records show that Ramirez has three prior convictions: attempted robbery (1998), robbery (1999), firing a weapon in a public place (2005). Local news reports that the tip may have come via a change of a tattoo. Sources claim that Ramirez had noticeable neck tattoos and allegedly recently tried to have those tattoos changed to prevent identification.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/05/23/bryan-stow-giovanni-ramirez-beating-arrest-widens-search/

Is anyone else shocked that this was a 31 year old? I assumed it was going to be a teenager, early twenties gang banger.

He is an ex-convict so the possibility of him being in a gang is quite high. Not sure what age has to do with it.

• 4 months later...

Archived