Orioles' 2011 Draftees Signing Tracker

Like the previous years, this will be the thread where we will keep the draft picks and follow them through signing. Post any signings in this thread, or in the forum, and I'll keep this post updated. Thanks. Player will become bold when he signs.

1. (4) - Dylan Bundy, SP, Owasso HS (OK) - Discussion Thread - Full Scouting report and video 4,000,000

2. (64) - Jason Esposito - 3B - Vanderbilt University - Discussion Thread - Full Scouting Report and video - $600,000

3. (94) - Mike Wright - RHP - East Carolina University - Discussion Thread - $363,300

4. (125) - Kyle Simon - RHP - University of Arizona - Discussion Thread $231,300

5. (155) - Matthew Taylor - LHP - Middle Georgia College - Discussion Thread - $160,000

6. (185) - Nick Delmonico - 3B - Farragut HS - Discussion Thread - Full Scouting Report/Video 1,525,000

7. (205) - Trent Howard - LHP - Central Michigan University - Discussion Thread - $125,000

8. (235) - John Ruettiger - CF - Arizona State University - Discussion Thread - $160,000

9. (265) - Devin Jones - RHP - Mississippi State University - Discussion Thread $97,500

10. (295) - Tyler Wilson - RHP - University of Virginia - Discussion Thread $20,000

11. (325) - Adam Davis - C - University Illinois - Discussion Thread

12. (355) - Jason Coats - OF - Texas Christian University - Discussion Thread

13. (385) - Derek Jones - RF - Washington State University - Discussion Thread

14. (405) - Kevin Hockaday - 3B - John Carroll HS, MD - Discussion Thread

15. (435) - Eric Wooten - LHP - Central Arizona College - Discussion Thread

16. (465) - Mark Blackmar - RHP - Temple College Texas - Discussion Thread

17. (495) - Nick Carmichael - RHP - Palomar College - Discussion Thread

18. (525) - Bradley Roney - 3B - Wetumpka High, Alabama - Discussion Thread

19. (555) - Dustin Ward - LHP - University of Central Ark - Discussion Thread

20. (585) - Marc Wik - CF - Cabot College, CA - Discussion Thread

21. (615) - Jose Rivera - RHP - Hill JC - Discussion Thread

22. (645) - Michael Miedzianowski - SS - Martin County HS, FL - Discussion Thread

23. (695) - Adam Matthews - RF - South Carolina - Discussion Thread

24. (725) - Jalen Simmons - RF - Camden County HS - Discussion Thread

25. (755) - Michael Finnigan - LHP - San Bernardino Valley College - Discussion Thread

26. (785) - Zach Davies - RHP - Mesquite HS, AZ - Discussion thread - $575,000

27. (815) - Christopher Oliver - Shiloh Christian HS, AR

28. (845) - Kyle Raubinger - 1B - Arroyo Grande HS, CA

29. (875) - Cameron Edman - C - Gonzaga Unizersity

30. (905) - Mike Reynolds - SS - Paradise Valley CC, AZ

31. (935) - John Costa - RHP - Summit Christian School HS (FL)

32. (965) - Ryan Meyer- RHP - Oviedo HS (FL)

33. (995) - Sander Beck - RHP - U Maryland College Park

34. (1025) - Zachary Fowler - LHP - Texas Tech U

35. (1055) - Lindsey Caughel - RHP -Stetson University

36. (1085) - Jeffery Zona - RHP - Hanover HS (VA)

37. (1115) - Nicholas Skala - C - Concordia U

38. (1145) - Jerome Pena - 2B - Texas Christian U - SR

39. (1175) - Pat Cantwell - C - SUNY Stony Brook College

40. (1205) - Bennett Parry - LHP - No School (1991-08-07)

41. (1235) - Christopher Mariscal - SS -Clovis North HS (CA)

42. (1265) - Jason McCracken - RHP - No School (1991-09-04)

43. (1295) - David Reynolds - RHP - Edmonds CC

44. (1325) - Patrick Merkling - LHP - Chattanooga St Tech CC

45. (1355) - Andrew Milner - RHP - Feather River Col

46. (1385) - Mark Reyes - LHP - Jessieville HS (AR)

47. (1415) - Devon Conley - CF - New Mexico JC

48. (1445) - Tyler Hunter - CF - Lowndes HS (GA) CF

49. (1475) - Ronnie Shaban - RHP Virginia Tech U

50. (1505) - Brendan Butler - OF - The John Carroll School HS (MD)

2010 Draft Signing Tracker

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard from Roch on Twitter that Jordan announced that 2 of the top 10 picks have signed, although he isn't ready to reveal which two those are.

He also said that "we're not trying to set any records" as it relates to the Bundy situation. Could envision it going all the way down to the wire.

The two players who have signed are not:

Bundy

Esposito

Delmonico

Ruettiger

Jones

Wilson

that leaves Wright, Simon, Taylor, and Howard. Most likely Simon and Howard.

To be consistent will the O's pronounce his name Sea Moan like Fredo???? ;);)

The teams were already dropped at the end of last season.

It means there are less organizational types and you have better prospects overall on the teams.

The only problem I have with it is that it makes it harder for us as fans to track the draftees who are not quite ready for Aberdeen but may be too advanced for the GCL. I think that they certainly had too many teams but I wouldn't mind seeing the Orioles share an Appy league team with another franchise.

The only problem I have with it is that it makes it harder for us as fans to track the draftees who are not quite ready for Aberdeen but may be too advanced for the GCL. I think that they certainly had too many teams but I wouldn't mind seeing the Orioles share an Appy league team with another franchise.

Honestly though, if a player is not good enough to play at Aberdeen after a year in the GCL, is he really a prospect anyways? Very few prospects develop that slowly anyways. The only thing where I think it hurts is with a few pitchers, but at the end of the day, these guys should be ready to compete at Aberdeen by 19 or they are starting to get behind the prospect curve. Real prospects tend to identify themselves very quickly. Saying that, I would have preferred to have ditched the GCL team and kept the Appy League team because it's a little more advanced and the GCL league is really a brutal environment with the sun, humidity and t-storms.

Honestly though, if a player is not good enough to play at Aberdeen after a year in the GCL, is he really a prospect anyways? Very few prospects develop that slowly anyways. The only thing where I think it hurts is with a few pitchers, but at the end of the day, these guys should be ready to compete at Aberdeen by 19 or they are starting to get behind the prospect curve. Real prospects tend to identify themselves very quickly. Saying that, I would have preferred to have ditched the GCL team and kept the Appy League team because it's a little more advanced and the GCL league is really a brutal environment with the sun, humidity and t-storms.

I agree. I suppose it was more cost-efficient to close Bluefield due to the fact they already have the minor league complex/Extended Spring Training in Sarasota. Bluefield/Appy League definitely had a great competition level for prospects.

Archived