Whats he supposed to do.... tackle the baserunner?

No one said he had to do anything. It's his "not going anywhere for awhile" Snickers-eating stance that kinda sums how I feel about watching the Os get shelled night after night. Like, jeez here we go again.

Wonder if Reynolds "misses" the Astros now. It's hard to be on a losing team. I can't imagine players who have been here for a while -- Markakis, Roberts, Guthrie etc. It's gotta wear down on you. I feel for them. Changes have to be made throughout the organization to clean this mess up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I did it again!   9/9, all played for the Orioles.   36 points.  
    • He's at -.2 right now so yea, he'd need to exceed three wins the rest of the way.  Seems a bit too optimistic for me right now. Pretty fair cutoff point.
    • Sure, but would they add him to their 26 man roster and let him stink/rehab in the majors?   I doubt it.    
    • I imagine that if the team has another great season AND they resign any of the young star(s) or a big time FA or retain Burnes to a big contract, attendance will go up again next year regardless of opponent. That’s how this thing goes with competent ownership and a bunch of young star players. I know some people believe that the public/fans will just show up. But we are in an age where people are more informed than ever because of access to information through the internet. The difference between now and the last time the O’s were good 12- 16 is two things IMO. 1) That all felt temporary. And as a fanbase we carried a large degree of anxiety worrying when the other shoe would drop and it would all be over. 2) This time feels like the org has much more of a plan/vision/competence. Last time felt accidental to a degree. Now it very much feels that we have a great foundation that is sustainable for long term success. Maybe even a dynasty? Because baseball is at the end of the day an entertainment business, people are going to invest/spend money/show up at the games based on how it makes them feel. If they feel good, hopeful and believe they will keep coming. If they are worried and it’s an anxious experience when they think this will all be over soon, they are not going to be as apt to invest in that thing (whatever it may be).
    • Nothing stopping the O's from Non-tendering him in the offseason so no difference in job security. I get where you are coming from, to me it seems like additional risk without additional reward.
    • Zippy chance Hays goes anywhere. One, it’s SSS.  You just can’t cut guys during slumps.  You’re never going to have all 9 guys tearing it up at the same time. Everyone is over Urias because Holliday is up. Holliday is struggling. What’s next move onto whatever player is in a slump?  Mountcastle has cooled off. He better get it together 😢
    • I voted over. Bat to ball skills are elite. He will hit. He has defensive value that will show as he gets more comfortable at 2B. His speed and base running also add value. He's at least a 3 fWAR player.
  • Popular Contributors