Whats he supposed to do.... tackle the baserunner?

No one said he had to do anything. It's his "not going anywhere for awhile" Snickers-eating stance that kinda sums how I feel about watching the Os get shelled night after night. Like, jeez here we go again.

Wonder if Reynolds "misses" the Astros now. It's hard to be on a losing team. I can't imagine players who have been here for a while -- Markakis, Roberts, Guthrie etc. It's gotta wear down on you. I feel for them. Changes have to be made throughout the organization to clean this mess up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hyde has not been shy about saying the bullpen needs to be better in his post-games, which says to me the org knows it's an issue. I expect Mike is keenly aware of the weakest part of his team. As he should be since he did virtually nothing to address it, lol. Love Mike overall, but none of what we're seeing is a surprise, and he should have done more.  All that said, there are a lot of moving parts happening soon, hopefully, if the injured SPs can make it back, and Perez. This feels like a very temporary bullpen right now.
    • Let’s not go overboard here.  We are seeing a lot of encouraging things. That’s great.  Could he be better than Kremer or Irvin or Wells?  Sure, it’s possible. But we have a long ways to go before we can get there.  For now, you keep running him out there and see how good he can be.   
    • Let me get this straight - the thought of optioning an underperforming Hays is poor people management, but giving Heston a few weeks to see if he sticks is proper people management?
    • There were 18 players in all of MLB who had an OPS of .850 or higher last year. I don't think people realize that is a pretty high bar.
    • I think Kjerstad has a fair shot to go 5-for-5 rest of the week while regulars get rest for transcontinental flights and the Yankees series, but with health it'll probably be RF Santander, 1B Mountcastle, DH O'Hearn Monday against Clarke Schmidt.
    • Yeah, he's getting a lot of whiffs which is good. I'm still dubious that he's going to be a long-term piece for the whole season as a starter and I'd love to eat crow because if he can help in an area where we need it, that would be huge. Stuff was a tick down from the first start but he was getting some uncomfortable swings.  He'd most certainly be better out of the pen than Ramirez or Baumann.
    • I think “Silent J” could be one of the all-time great nicknames. Who originated it? 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now