+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    section18 is offline Plus Member Since 12/07 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Is Anyone Almost Speechless Trying To Describe The Current Orioles?

There seem to be a lot of OH regulars who have disappeared. Everyone on vacation or have you run out of words? Is this disappointing season almost as painful as the Orioles losing the World Series to the Mets and Pirates or the Super Bowl to the Jets? No! Of course not but it's leaving a depressing feeling for many. I expected a lot more from this team and think we are better than what we are showing.

There seem to be 2 events that have led to a big turnaround in the last month. Connor resigning or basically quitting the team and Crowley coming back for a few weeks and helping a few hitters with Markakis his star pupil and then leaving to return to his new job. It seems the replacement of Kranitz as pitching coach and Crowley as hitting coach has done nothing for this team. Would Buck stun anyone if he hired a new pitching coach and either brought back Crowley or replaced Pressley?

A few words come to mind

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I have plenty to say but most of it is against board rules.

Everyone calm down. We're only 18 games out of first place. It's not like the season's over!

8istheman is offline Plus Member since August 2008 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I think we all have had time to talk about this. Fourteen years is a long time, at some point, you run out of words to describe this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8istheman View Post
    I think we all have had time to talk about this. Fourteen years is a long time, at some point, you run out of words to describe this debacle.
    Amen to that! Since June 19 we're 5-15. What is left to say? It's exasperating to see this club hack away at the plate with runners in scoring position with no apparent approach to hitting other than swinging for the fence. And another season of obscure ne'er do well pitchers like Mitch Atkins and Chris Jakubauskas making a mess of things. Being a O's fan right now is like being married to bad tempered, lazy and faithless wife. At some point you ask yourself why have I given my devotion to something that appears not to give a crap about itself much less anyone or anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by 8istheman View Post

Flacco Machado is offline Plus Member since 9/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'm speechless because I just see all the other clubs doing so many good things and simultaneously having success.

We always had the Kansas City's, Washington's, Pittsburgh's of the world to fall back on.We could always say, "Well, at least we're not ________". But now, teams, even the Pirates can look at us and say, "Well, at least we're not the Orioles." It's just the same tired story over and over again. Look at what Fran Wren has done in Atlanta. We had him! WE HADDDDDDD HIMMMMMM! Look what Pat Gillick built in Philly. I'm tired of the suit and tie act of this organization. Why doesn't somebody grow a pair and start doing something! Something has got to give.

tinamodotti is offline Hangout GIF artist Major Leagues Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    ***deleted***
    Last edited by ScottieBaseball; 07-11-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Inappropriate

Everything I have to say I said when Youkilis hit that home run. And I can't repeat that here.

8istheman is offline Plus Member since August 2008 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Tinamodotti,
    That is disturbing, not sure which one is worse.
    Last edited by 8istheman; 07-10-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Art Wing is offline Plus Member Since 12/07 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    My level of fandom has never been lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Wing View Post
    My level of fandom has never been lower.
    Folks, this has become the 'Orioles Fan Motto.'

Yeah, this is as low as it gets (right??????). I'm closer than ever to, in the words of a country song: "My give a d___'s busted." I check in on box scores, that's about it. My family has had a serious talk about whether we want to adopt a second baseball team to follow after the first 2 months of the season, or just do what we have for several years and pick back up with football, around the AS break.

And for the first time in maybe ever, I see nothing on the horizon. No hope, no silver lining, no "cavalry." No "we'll get em next year."

For a die-hard Orioles and baseball fan, my above words are very painful. But the truth hurts.

Moose Milligan is offline Plus Member Since 06/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    That's the thing with this team...once you think they've bottomed out, once you think it can't get worse...

It can always get worse. It always does get worse.