+ Reply to Thread
Results 511 to 525 of 934
Thread: Pro Wrestling Thread
01-15-2012 07:47 PM #511
Well, here are Ole Anderson's thoughts. I don't think this reaction is too surprising..
"Vince McMahon hates my guts, and I don’t like him," Anderson said. "So that’s all there is to it."
Anderson continued, "To be a part of that, anyone with a brain knows who the first Four Horsemen were. It was me and Arn and Ric and Tully Blanchard, and J.J. Dillon was the manager. So if they don’t know that, they don’t know anything about wrestling anyway. So what’s the difference? Vince McMahon is never going to call me. I hate his guts just like he hates mine. It’s no big deal."
01-15-2012 08:46 PM #512
01-16-2012 02:05 PM #513
01-16-2012 10:57 PM #514
Perez Hilton? This is really the best that the people at WWE can do? And I know most people don't care that the Diva's for the most part can't wrestle or put on a match without about a thousand botches, but when the matches don't even last five minutes was it really worth the time in the first place? Just have Kelly Kelly or Eve or whoever come out and strip, since that's essentially what they're relegated to. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that, but I'd also like to see some real attempt at wrestling, and if Beth or Natalya aren't out there, then I know there's a good chance it won't be happening.
01-16-2012 11:04 PM #515
And R Truth just had a hilarious comment. He showed a picture that had Pinnocio and made his nose grow. Truth says, "And I don't even know if that's PG!"
01-16-2012 11:13 PM #516
01-16-2012 11:19 PM #517
Cena is beating the hell of out Swagger right now. Just snapped on him, being pretty ruthless. Probably the most I've enjoyed Cena in a long time.
Is he embracing the hate..?
01-17-2012 12:04 AM #518
Punk is dropping one massive pipe bomb on Johnny L. to his face.
01-17-2012 07:38 AM #519
Very interesting show tonight.
1. Mick Foley's segments. They were quick and to the point, and he added to the story being out there (unlike Nash's recent run.) The idea of Mick in the Rumble got some pops, and then he took Johnny Ace's fury at the end. Could be something to this if they keep his role minimal. I could see Foley vs Dolph at Mania.
2. New Tag Team champs. I am assuming Bourne failed another drug test, and if so, good riddance, as I don't like him anyway. In any event, it's good to see some new blood with the tag straps, and Rosa can stay on my screen as much as she wants.
3. Obviously Punk's segment at the end was awesome. He brought the goods like he hasn't done since the summer. Great stuff. And to top it off, it led to Johnny Ace FINALLY snapping. Johnny has become a good heel for the company, as the fans just love to boo the guy, and now he may finally be taking off the gloves to deal with Punk.
4. Jericho. Week one was awkward. By week 2 you knew where this was going. Week 3 we get his first match, and his shenanigans were awesome. I thought he might turn on Punk last night, but this slow burn is much better. Plus turning on Punk would have taken attention away from Punk vs Dolph at the Rumble. I'm fairly sure Jericho is going to be involved with Johnny Ace, but in the meantime, this is some fun antics to get the crowd to start hating on him. (and yet, he gets the biggest pops of the night with his pandering to the crowd. Unreal.) THIS, SportsGuy, is why I love Jericho. He brings it like not many others can in the business.
5. John Cena finally starting to embrace the hate. Maybe this storyline with Kane will have a meaningful impact after all?
6. Jack Swaggar, your Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew United States Champion. Glad to see Jack back on top. After his World Title run they seemed to forget about him, so its good to see he has regained the faith of the company.
7. Michael Cole. Since the start of the new year, he has toned down his act considerably, and is now much easier to listen to. I hope he stays this way and doesn't revert back to the overbearing guy who takes away from the product.
8. Heel Daniel Bryan. I did not like this guy as the underdog face, but he is great as a jerk. This slow turn seems to be working, and I'm sure on Friday we'll see him weasel out another win vs Mark Henry this time. Which could just lead to a Henry face turn?
9. The Funkasauraus. I am really digging Brodus Clay. At first I was shocked at what creative had done to him, but its grown on me quickly. And Clay himself seems to be digging the role. Somebody Call My Momma, cause I like me some Brodus Clay!
1. Perez Hilton. Waste of my time. (Though its ALWAYS good to see Kelly and the Bellas.)
2. Swaggar gets killed by Cena. For all the good I said above, then they go and have the new US Champ get crushed by Super Cena. I hate John Cena.
3. Although it took a swing in a good direction, I am sick of the good guy vs heel authority figure. Its been done to death, and as much as I love Punk, Punk is no Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Johnny Ace can't hold Vinnie Mac's jock!
Great show last night, in my opinion.
01-17-2012 09:21 AM #520
I thought it was a great show. Cena snapping was awesome. Like I said earlier, the Perez Hilton thing was stupid, but it was such a small part of the show, I can't get too worked up over it.
I think Truth and Miz's feud is setting up nicely. I wish they had been together longer, another rushed WWE move, but I suppose it was caused by Truth's suspension. Truth is a guy that has grown on me quite a bit over the last year. The heel turn was perfect for him, as I think he now has some legitimacy as a face. I think he and Miz could have a great match.
Are we going to get Swagger vs Barrett at Rumble? If so, could be another excellent match.
Again, agree with Dip on the Jericho thing. Definitely starting to work for me.
All in all, I think WWE is doing very well right now. Rumble has the chance to be very good. Last year there were only 3 matches prior to the Rumble itself; WWE Championship, Heavyweight Championship, and Divas Championship. I guess if they go by that same formula, the only matches we would get would be Punk vs Dolph and Bryan vs Show. And whatever annoying match they want to give us for the ladies. I guess maybe the Miz and Truth feud lasts longer?
01-17-2012 09:43 AM #521
01-17-2012 09:02 PM #522
Raw was OK overall. Looks like Cena might "embrace the Hate." Interesting to see where Ryder goes but its nice to have Swagger with the Belt.
I continued to be bored to tears over Daniel Bryan. Ugh. Why even have wrestlers have "girlfriends" it just sounds weird. Anyway, I still think his match will be good at RR.
The Jericho thing is pretty funny at this point. It almost looks like they brought him in too early so they are just dragging this out until after the Rumble so he can feud with whoever (Punk I suppose).
The Ziggler Punk match is going to be phenomenal, I hope they let it go long.
01-18-2012 12:17 AM #523
01-18-2012 07:53 AM #524
01-18-2012 04:13 PM #525
It's a shame. I guess this means that Ziggler gets the belt but I am not sure who he will face at WM. Cena won't have the belt as he is facing the Rock, and Punk will likely be feuding with Jericho. I just hope they don't give him a 2 week title run and crush him with a star from yesteryear.