adamwolff11 is offline Plus Member Since February 2009 Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipper9 View Post
    1) I am thinking about it, but if I order it, no way am I spending $60 and then chatting on here about it.

b) If you get it, I'd be really glad if YOU do come on and chat about it. Give us a play by play!

6) Maybe we should just meet somewhere and watch it together? Everyone pitch in. I vote adam's crib in FLORIDA!!!!
    Haha, I don't know a soul in town, so I would absolutely welcome a Royal Rumble Party to my place!

And I will certainly do some play by play in here!

adamwolff11 is offline Plus Member Since February 2009 Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwolff11 View Post
    Haha, I don't know a soul in town, so I would absolutely welcome a Royal Rumble Party to my place!

And I will certainly do some play by play in here!
    Almost Rumble time!

This has a chance to be one of the best WWE PPVs in quite some time. Super pumped!

Almost Rumble time!

This has a chance to be one of the best WWE PPVs in quite some time. Super pumped!
    Totally expecting your play by play tonight

First match, the Triple Threat cage match was solid. Bryan retained. Mark Henry, I assume because he's somewhat injured, was barely involved. A bit quicker of a match than I thought it should have been.

And now, we get an 8 diva tag match. Waste..of..time.

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    First match, the Triple Threat cage match was solid. Bryan retained. Mark Henry, I assume because he's somewhat injured, was barely involved. A bit quicker of a match than I thought it should have been.

And now, we get an 8 diva tag match. Waste..of..time.
    I think it was quicker because you will see Show and Henry in the Rumble.

Cena and Kane went to a predictable double count out...Fight went backstage..Kane beat him up, smacking him with a chair 4 times. Kane brought Ryder out of his dressing room, wheeled him out to the ring and gave him a tombstone. Cena came back out and Kane chokeslammed him.

Enjoyed the Kane/Cena match. It ended in a double count out and then they ended up going to the back, with Kane beating the hell out of Cena. Kane then went and got Ryder and choked him out. He wheeled him out to the ring and gave him a tombstone in front of Eve. Then Cena came running back out and and Kane put him in the ground too.

The double count out kind of sucked, but Kane comes away looking like an absolute monster from all of this.

Somebody call my momma because we have a Brodus Clay sighting!

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    25 guys in...Only "surprises" are Cole, Road Dogg, Duggan, Booker T, Kharma and Lawler.

No one you really want to see in terms of surprises.

Reputation Reputation
    Shaemus wins Rumble...It was between him and Jericho.

OT: for all those mentioning recently they hoped Shane might be coming back sometime soon, I actually just learned tonight that he actually doesn't work for the company anymore, he's CEO for some cable provider based out of COL and he's on the Board of Directors of International Sports Marketing (and agency with some big clients). Found that interesting.

Also...Stephanie IS still with the company and is the person you can blame for all these terrible storylines, she's the EVP of creative and makes almost $700k a year. That's crazy she can work from home and make almost a mil per year.

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    OT: for all those mentioning recently they hoped Shane might be coming back sometime soon, I actually just learned tonight that he actually doesn't work for the company anymore, he's CEO for some cable provider based out of COL and he's on the Board of Directors of International Sports Marketing (and agency with some big clients). Found that interesting.

Also...Stephanie IS still with the company and is the person you can blame for all these terrible storylines, she's the EVP of creative and makes almost $700k a year. That's crazy she can work from home and make almost a mil per year.
    Not trying to be rude, but this is common knowledge that most wrestling fans know.

As for the Rumble, I didn't see it, but reading the report, it appears Dolph vs Punk brought the goods, as expected.

I'm a big Sheamus fan, but that was an unexpected win. I am confused where they go with this? Orton vs Bryan would have been a good Mania title match, but Sheamus vs Bryan just sounds like a one sided squash. The title match at Mania shouldn't be a weasel Bryan vs a dominant Sheamus, it needs to be a back and forth good match. The only other option is to turn Orton heel, have him win the belt at Elimination Chamber, and go Orton vs Sheamus, but I think its too soon to turn Orton, and that would absolutely bury Bryan.

On the other side, I would guess pretty soon Jericho needs to start a program with Punk, but it sounds like he's still getting a face reaction (can anyone who watched the Rumbhle confirm this?) They need to finally have him speak and set up what the "end of the world as we know it" means, and who exactly is his lady friend. I'm still hoping its Steph (I want her ion TV sooooooo bad). I guess we could see Trips fire Johnny and side with Punk, and then Steph comes back to side with Jericho, leading to a SummerSlam feud between Jericho and Trips down the road, while Punk and Dolph steal the summer title spotlight?

As for the "surprises," I think Road Dogg is a great one, and Kharma was a HUGE surprise, and they let her dominate for some time. Khali returning was also unexpected. I would have liked to see Christian, but I guess he wasn't ready to go sailing over the top rope yet. And the Cobra vs Mr. Socko sounds like pure comedy gold!

I also just read that the Money in the Bank PPV has been canceled, so I guess we can expect a MITB Ladder Match at Mania, which is where I think it belongs.

So, anyone have any ideas on where they are going with Sheamus at Mania, and how they get Punk vs Jericho storyline going? Maybe we have Jericho win the World Title at Elimination Chamber, and he wrestles Sheamus at Mania while Punk stays with Dolph????

Not trying to be rude, but this is common knowledge that most that read all the behind the scenes websiteswrestling fans know.

As for the Rumble, I didn't see it, but reading the report, it appears Dolph vs Punk brought the goods, as expected.

I'm a big Sheamus fan, but that was an unexpected win. I am confused where they go with this? Orton vs Bryan would have been a good Mania title match, but Sheamus vs Bryan just sounds like a one sided squash. The title match at Mania shouldn't be a weasel Bryan vs a dominant Sheamus, it needs to be a back and forth good match. The only other option is to turn Orton heel, have him win the belt at Elimination Chamber, and go Orton vs Sheamus, but I think its too soon to turn Orton, and that would absolutely bury Bryan.

On the other side, I would guess pretty soon Jericho needs to start a program with Punk, but it sounds like he's still getting a face reaction (can anyone who watched the Rumbhle confirm this?) They need to finally have him speak and set up what the "end of the world as we know it" means, and who exactly is his lady friend. I'm still hoping its Steph (I want her ion TV sooooooo bad). I guess we could see Trips fire Johnny and side with Punk, and then Steph comes back to side with Jericho, leading to a SummerSlam feud between Jericho and Trips down the road, while Punk and Dolph steal the summer title spotlight?

As for the "surprises," I think Road Dogg is a great one, and Kharma was a HUGE surprise, and they let her dominate for some time. Khali returning was also unexpected. I would have liked to see Christian, but I guess he wasn't ready to go sailing over the top rope yet. And the Cobra vs Mr. Socko sounds like pure comedy gold!

I also just read that the Money in the Bank PPV has been canceled, so I guess we can expect a MITB Ladder Match at Mania, which is where I think it belongs.

So, anyone have any ideas on where they are going with Sheamus at Mania, and how they get Punk vs Jericho storyline going? Maybe we have Jericho win the World Title at Elimination Chamber, and he wrestles Sheamus at Mania while Punk stays with Dolph????
    Fixed that for you. I've heard people still begging for Shane recently, so I figured they didn't. And Steph even I knew what she did, but I didn't know they were paying her 700k to stay at home with the babies (which is why Vince is also off TV by the way, and why you haven't seen them show back up yet, because the youngest is only like a year and a half, so for all the hoping and praying she comes back to tv, keep in mind the reason they stepped off tv in the first place and don't go expecting to see them leave a 5 year old, 3 year old and 1.5 year old at home why they go touring the country to be on live tv shows and tapings.)

Dipper9 is offline Plus Member Since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    Fixed that for you. I've heard people still begging for Shane recently, so I figured they didn't. And Steph even I knew what she did, but I didn't know they were paying her 700k to stay at home with the babies (which is why Vince is also off TV by the way, and why you haven't seen them show back up yet, because the youngest is only like a year and a half, so for all the hoping and praying she comes back to tv, keep in mind the reason they stepped off tv in the first place and don't go expecting to see them leave a 5 year old, 3 year old and 1.5 year old at home why they go touring the country to be on live tv shows and tapings.)
    Vince and Steph (and Trips for that matter) are at ALL televised shows, running things from the back. There is a story about Steph in one of the recent Entertainment Weekly magazines.

Vince and Steph (and Trips for that matter) are at ALL televised shows, running things from the back. There is a story about Steph in one of the recent Entertainment Weekly magazines.
    A friend of mine from college lives around the corner from them, no she's not I mean, just pause the wrestling for a second, do you think anyone would leave three kids that small at home and travel THAT much? No matter if they are a wrestler, production assistant or CEO? Also, if you go back and look at a lot of the character "injuries" when the big guys take time off, you'll see that a bunch of them coincide with them having kids. That's one of the big perks and beliefs they have in the company (I found it when I was studying their business plan in college) that for new babies they will give time off to anyone who would like it(technically they have to anyway, FMLA and all). Depends on where they are though, if you are struggling to get a foot hold and finally get your big break and push you might be less likely to take the time off for a new kid as someone that is already established though.

Reputation Reputation
    I thought it was a poor PPV...Wish i hadn't spent the money on it.

I expect something like Barrett vs Shaemus for the title at WM.