+ Reply to Thread
Results 541 to 555 of 934
Thread: Pro Wrestling Thread
01-25-2012 09:38 AM #541
Surprised no one has commented on RAW yet? Were we all still in too much shock and grief from the game Sunday?
I'll get it started.
1. I hate John Cena in every way imaginable. I hate that he makes jokes when he should be serious. I hate that he cuts off a great Punk promo and essentially pulls the "the star is here now" shtick. I hated his stupid "I am angry face" after Eve busted his balls. I hate his matches where he is SuperMan and can't be hurt. I hate when he is supposedly hurt how he comes back an hour later like nothing was ever wrong. I just can't stand the guy. He needs a character change quick, because he is stale and boring.
2. Brodus Clay has become one of my favorites in less than a month. Amazing. Somebody call MY momma cause I love this guy.
3. Jericho continues to amaze. He brings back the amazingly expensive Jerichotron 2000, or whatever its called. He has the crowd electric by holding a friggin t-shirt gun. The guy has them eating out of the palm of his hand, and had yet to even talk. Then, he surprises everyone by finally breaking his silence, only to tell us this Sunday will be the end of the world as we know it. I LOVE it. They are not ignoring the videos that led to his return. He makes one simple statement and the world is abuzz again. SG, THIS is why I love Jericho. Too many wrestlers think they have to talk for 20 minutes to explain everything they do and get the crowd to react. This is an example of the complete opposite being true. Kinda like when Trips and Taker first squared off last year in January...no words needed, and it was electric. Which leads to...
4. Triple H returns to RAW next week to "evaluate" Johnny L. This one story is going to lead to so many things, in my belief. One, I bet we end up with a Johnny L vs somebody, probably Mick Foley, Mania match to determine who is the GM of RAW. (I know, dumb way to decide the GM, but still.) I also believe (hope) that this effectively ends the Punk vs Johnny L storyline in favor of Jericho jumping in and being the number 1 contender. And finally, I think with Trips being back Monday, the Dead Man won't be long to follow.
5. Punk. The guy has been gold on the microphone and in the ring. I hate for Dolph to be lost in the shuffle, but somehow they need to transition to Punk vs Jericho. One way to do this is to turn Swaggar face and have him cost Dolph the match, leading to them feuding. But that's a step back for Dolph. I think more realistically Dolph faces Foley at Mania to keep him hot and lead to a summer run in the main event.
6. I love Kane destroying Zack. Kane as a monster is awesome. I hope to God they don't bury him to Cena at the Rumble.
Rumble predictions anyone?
I'm going with Orton winning the Rumble.
Bryan surviving the cage match.
and Cena goes full heel by destroying Kane at his own game.
Mania match predicitons:
Main Event: Cena vs Rock (confirmed)
WWE Championship: Punk vs Jericho
World Heavyweight Championship: Bryan vs Orton
Triple H vs Undertaker part 3
Dolph Ziggler (with Johnny L) vs Mick Foley
Big Show vs Shaq
Sheamus vs Barrett
Raw vs Smackdown: Brodus Clay vs Mark Henry
US Title: Swaggar vs Zack Ryder
IC Title: Rhodes vs Golddust
Maybe a tag title of womens match as well.
01-25-2012 10:35 AM #542
I'm definitely getting the rumble this Sunday. I think they've put together an excellent card and have a lot of exciting things going on. I think you have a lot of guys that could legitimately win the Rumble match. Orton, Jericho, Barrett, Sheamus come to mind first, but there could be others.
Really hope Cena makes the heel turn. It's building up, and also, if he destroys Kane, I don't think it will make Kane look weak, because he can say he got Cena to "embrace the hate". Even if he gets his ass kicked, it's still a "win" overall.
I'm very excited about the WWE right now. I know we've all been critical over the past year or so, but I'm impressed with what they've done. I honestly think they have the future face of the company in Ziggler. Eventually (way down the road) he's going to make a face turn and that arrogance and wit will be excellent. I think the slow heel turn for Daniel Bryan has been incrediblely well done. Hell, I'm even starting to like Johnny L as a heel. Kane is a monster, Mark Henry is a monster, those are two guys that I had zero interest in a year ago. Ryder is super over, Swagger has a bit of momentum and relevance. Cody Rhodes is under utilized, but he's been a solid IC champion and has the longest reign with that belt since 07. I even think they've made Big Show interesting again.
And Brodus Clay is awesome. "Should I get him??" Love him!
Somebody call my momma because I'm a big time WWE mark right now!
01-25-2012 10:50 AM #543
01-25-2012 11:10 AM #544
Raw was great. Brodus is very entertaining. R Truth is killer and this is a good way to keep the Miz relevant.
I am curious to see what happens to Ryder, the broken back thing SHOULD keep him out until May or even June possibly but they might bring him back and ignore the fake injury. My biggest question is do they keep him on screen despite the "injury" or do they bring him back with a different gimmick. This might be the case where they like his talent but not the gimmick and he comes back re-worked.
I am very interested to see what happens at the rumble. Punk Ziggler will be a great match, whatever happens with Jericho will be great and I am dying to see what happens with Cena. I really don't know who wins the rumble. Originally I know the plans were Orton, but who knows now with his injury. I would love if it is Punk, even though he has the World Title Match, it would give him an extra safeguard against Johnny Ace in the title match. The gimmick this year where all superstars are eligible will definitely make things interesting.
01-25-2012 12:29 PM #545
Actually Orton returned at last night's Smackdown taping. Dumb me.
01-25-2012 01:36 PM #546
Orton winning the Rumble is poor.
I think Jericho will be the one to win it to be honest.
01-25-2012 02:11 PM #547
Supposedly, the final two people in the ring, lets say Barrett and Orton for poops and giggles, eliminate each other BEFORE #30 is introduced. #30 then waltzes to the ring and wins the Rumble by doing absolutely nothing. And who has been back for a month and done absolutely nothing? Chris Jericho Baby! That would be unique, different, a never before seen finish, and would go along with the storyline of Jericho's return thus far.
I'm all for it.
01-25-2012 03:01 PM #548
01-26-2012 09:48 AM #549
01-26-2012 10:15 AM #550
I had wondered recently whether or not Taker could return at Rumble, specifically if HHH is in it. That probably wouldn't happen since HHH has only wrestled one or two matches since becoming "COO," and he's supposed to be on Raw the next night to deal with JL. But, watching some old Rumble matches that was always one of the best parts of the match when someone is in the ring and somebody unexpected either returns, or someone they've been feuding with starts coming down the ramp and you know it's go time, a la Austin & Hart in '97, or Austin and HHH in '02. I guess I'm of the belief that if Taker returns for Mania, and it really will be against HHH, it has to be a big return in front of a good crowd, not wasted on the funeral goers that show up at Raw.
01-26-2012 01:06 PM #551
01-26-2012 01:36 PM #552
01-26-2012 02:51 PM #553
Are you guys planning on getting the event? I know I am.
I personally think, since I have to order and watch it alone, you guys should all get it as well so we can have a bit of a game thread like feel in here during the event!
01-26-2012 03:10 PM #554
b) If you get it, I'd be really glad if YOU do come on and chat about it. Give us a play by play!
6) Maybe we should just meet somewhere and watch it together? Everyone pitch in. I vote adam's crib in FLORIDA!!!!
01-26-2012 09:54 PM #555