9/5 Uniforms vs. The U

PrivateO

Might as well make a seperate thread from the gameday one.

Here's my thoughts on these:

1. First reaction: Holy crap, these are loud. I really love the idea, but maybe not how it ended up (although they continue to grow on me).

2. I love the actual uniform, just not the helmet. It's just too...big.

3. One of the uniform or the helmet should have the colors switched. This would make it actually look like the MD flag.

4. I think the carbon black helmet would work perfectly with the uniforms.

EDIT: Ughhh, they're growing on me!! As a proud Marylander (who isn't actually a Terp, but roots for them), they're getting better. I wonder if they'll continue to use them or if this is only a one-game deal.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hated them. Hard. As the game is going, they're growing on me. They're weird, quirky, people hate them... but they're Maryland. Undeniably Maryland. And I'm cool with that.

I'm also grateful that they aren't keeping them around for EVERY game. :D

What, you don't like our swoosh?

Hey, Penn State had an exciting uniform change this year!

Feb 25, 2011:

Penn State likely will tweak the appearance of its home and road uniform this fall, according to Guido D'Elia, the director of communications and branding for the football team.

Speaking to a class at Penn State, D'Elia indicated the home-uniform white trim around the neck and on the sleeves would be eliminated. Also, the road-uniform blue trim would be eliminated.

Archived