+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA top 100

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation

BA top 100

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2612998.html

Bundy, Machado and Schoop all make it.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2612998.html

Bundy, Machado and Schoop all make it.
    Completely expected. The only thing interesting is the variance we are seeing with Schoop. According to Steve over at MASN Bridwell is the only O's prospect to even get a vote outside of the big three.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Rays:
    2 Moore
    44 Lee
    89 Archer
    90 Guerreri

Jays:
    17 D'Arnaud
    39 Gose
    67 Marisnick
    91 Norris

Yankees:
    29 Banuelos
    63 Betances
    81 Sanchez
    85 Williams

Red Sox:
    51 Middlebrooks
    58 Bogaerts
    72 Swihart

Orioles:
    10 Bundy
    11 Machado
    82 Schoop

Say O! is offline Plus Member since 12/08 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Interesting that BA projects both Bundy and Machado ETA as 2013.

Say O! is offline Plus Member since 12/08 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    Rays:
    2 Moore
    44 Lee
    89 Archer
    90 Guerreri

Jays:
    17 D'Arnaud
    39 Gose
    67 Marisnick
    91 Norris

Yankees:
    29 Banuelos
    63 Betances
    81 Sanchez
    85 Williams

Red Sox:
    51 Middlebrooks
    58 Bogaerts
    72 Swihart

Orioles:
    10 Bundy
    11 Machado
    82 Schoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn
    According to Steve over at MASN Bridwell is the only O's prospect to even get a vote outside of the big three.
    Arguable that O's have as much (and in some cases, more than) high end talents. It's the quality after these 3 prospects where O's suffer most in comparisons versus AL East.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Say O! View Post
    Arguable that O's have as much (and in some cases, more than) high end talents. It's the quality after these 3 prospects where O's suffer most in comparisons versus AL East.
    No doubt. I note that Kevin Goldstein had Brandon Jacobs and Ryan Lavernway of the Sox and Noah Syndergaard of the Jays in his top 100.

Eddie_Ripken is offline Plus Member Since November 2009 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Rays:
    2 Moore
    44 Lee
    89 Archer
    90 Guerreri

Jays:
    17 D'Arnaud
    39 Gose
    67 Marisnick
    91 Norris

Yankees:
    29 Banuelos
    63 Betances
    81 Sanchez
    85 Williams

Red Sox:
    51 Middlebrooks
    58 Bogaerts
    72 Swihart

Orioles:
    10 Bundy
    11 Machado
    82 Schoop
    Not tooooo bad. We tend to have the quality over the quantity. Yes I realize there is a fairly significant drop off after these three. That side by side comp has been worse in the past. Rays are just great at scouting and development.

BA's comment that D. Bundy's second goal is to make the Orioles relevant again may be snide but true. Obviously he'll need some help. But if he winds up being close to as good as some scouts believe, he'll be awfully fun to watch.

Great top-end talent (2 in Top 11 is nothing to scoff at), but as we all know, depth is a problem.

Let's hope Bundy and Machado bring the deliverance. Otherwise we'll be in trouble for the foreseeable future.

MarylandAaron is offline Plus Member since 10/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketeer View Post
    Great top-end talent (2 in Top 11 is nothing to scoff at), but as we all know, depth is a problem.

Let's hope Bundy and Machado bring the deliverance. Otherwise we'll be in trouble for the foreseeable future.
    Right, if Bundy, Schoop and Machado don't produce the way we expect them to, there is no "Plan B" lol. Looks like the O's would be sunk in that case, unfortunately.

AgentOrange is offline Plus member since 03/06 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandAaron View Post
    Right, if Bundy, Schoop and Machado don't produce the way we expect them to, there is no "Plan B" lol. Looks like the O's would be sunk in that case, unfortunately.
    There is no "plan B" right now, but Bundy was only drafted last year. We can add another high end talent in this draft as well. If we can develop some of these high end guys like Delmonico and Bridwell, that will be a plan B. Not to mention Dan Klein was going to be very solid before his injury, we also drafted Esposito in the 2nd round who could emerge as a top 100 talent this year.

MarylandAaron is offline Plus Member since 10/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    There is no "plan B" right now, but Bundy was only drafted last year. We can add another high end talent in this draft as well. If we can develop some of these high end guys like Delmonico and Bridwell, that will be a plan B. Not to mention Dan Klein was going to be very solid before his injury, we also drafted Esposito in the 2nd round who could emerge as a top 100 talent this year.
    That's true - I guess since I'm not a big prospect guy i sometimes forget about the high-risk, high-upside guys in the system. I tend to focus mostly on guys who either have phenomenal upside, or are close to the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    The #4 pick should be a top 100 guy next year, and you are absolutely correct, plan B is in place, but they are further away than most people can see. You have to be really into the draft and minors to see those guys when they are in short season and low A ball. You're absolutely right though, Nicky and Birdwell have some real potential, Klein IF he can come back healthy will be productive in SOME role, but I think you should temper things about Esposito. GREAT glove, but I'm not a huge believer in the bat. I'm watching him closer than others this year and hope he makes some strides, but he's got a LOT of work to do right now. Defensively I'd start him in the majors tomorrow and he'd be top 10-20%.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    think you should temper things about Esposito. GREAT glove, but I'm not a huge believer in the bat. I'm watching him closer than others this year and hope he makes some strides, but he's got a LOT of work to do right now. Defensively I'd start him in the majors tomorrow and he'd be top 10-20%.
    A guy with a plus glove at 3B has a good chance to make it to the majors, IMO. I hope the O's can get him straightened out with the bat.

Stotle is online now Hangout Scouting Contributor Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    A guy with a plus glove at 3B has a good chance to make it to the majors, IMO. I hope the O's can get him straightened out with the bat.
    "Getting to the Majors" is less an issue than "being a first division starter". Watch Matt Dominguez and how Florida handles him and his potential as an everyday player. He's probably a better defender than Esposito, but a reasonable comp for what you might expect as "likely outcome" for Espo.

If you think Dominguez is tolerable as an everyday MLer, than you will probably be okay with Esposito (this assuming Esposito's profile doesn't drastically change).