+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Dylan Bundy #1 Prospect

As good as Machado is as a prospect, Dylan Bundy's #1 pitcher potential gives him the nod as the top prospect.

http://www.orioleshangout.com/articl...ndy-1-prospect

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-OH View Post
    As good as Machado is as a prospect, Dylan Bundy's #1 pitcher potential gives him the nod as the top prospect.

http://www.orioleshangout.com/articl...ndy-1-prospect
    He was my guy on draft day, and nothing in that write up makes me think I was wrong. It's nice to have such a strong top-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    He was my guy on draft day, and nothing in that write up makes me think I was wrong. It's nice to have such a strong top-3.
    Agreed. Gives me a "smidge" of hope for the future.

"squats 500 pounds"

Quote Originally Posted by scOtt View Post
    "squats 500 pounds"

Cespedes squats 1,300

Quote Originally Posted by StrawDawg View Post
    Cespedes squats 1,300
    Just now saw that. Pretty incredible, both! Good LORD! Cespedes is like a super hero! That vertical jump was just mind boggling. And he did it 4 or 5 times in a row for the camera!

Skeletor is offline Plus Member Since April 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawDawg View Post
    Cespedes squats 1,300
    I'm going to have to raise the BS flag on that. Either that's a lie or he's the new world record holder.

SoBo is offline Plus Member Since 12/2007 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I know everyone would like to see the farm system in better shape. Me included. But a top 3 like this and the upside present in the top 10 shows much progress from the days Val Majewski was our top rated prospect.

Frobby is online now Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Hmmmmm, Tom Seaver comp, huh? I guess he can be ranked no. 1 then. .

My favorite stat, half of which you mentioned: 158 K's, 5 walks. I've never seen a K/BB rate like that, at any level.

waroriole is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I'm going to have to raise the BS flag on that. Either that's a lie or he's the new world record holder.
    Yeah, I was gonna say that sounds a bit absurd.

Mr Snuffleupagus is offline Plus Member Since 12/11 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by waroriole View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say that sounds a bit absurd.
    It's a 1300lb Leg Press. 510lb Hack Squat (w/e that is). See video. Skip the HR's and pick it up at 6M30S. Dude is a freak.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...ing-video-ever

Wish PA wasn't so stiff about signing defectors...

Oh, and I'm excited about Bundy

csgordos is offline Plus Member since 12/08 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I am excited about everything I read about Bundy. It has always concerned me though when very young athletes lift such large amounts of weight before skeletal maturity. I get worried about that amount of excessive force on the ligaments at such a young age. 500 lbs seems like a lot for a 17-18 year old to me, but maybe I am just too cautious because I have seen the results of improper training too often.

As long as he isn't putting excessive stress on his ligaments and tendons of his legs, being able to squat 500 lbs and run for that amount of time should mean that he has a great core which accounts for the velocity on his pitches. Should help to mitigate some of the strain on his arm and allow him to maintain his endurance throughout a game. I am tired of how our young pitchers cannot last past 5 innings. I hope they remove the nibbling that the Orioles pitchers have routinely employ in the minors and have them focus on getting out of innings quickly. The one game his brother pitched in Reading last year he was constantly up 0-2 or 1-2 on batters and seemed to routinely go to 3-2 on the batter. That increases your pitch count quickly and minimizes your innings you can pitch. Hope the professional development coaches/staff have a change of philosophy on this idea.

JohnnyK27 is offline Plus Member Since 01/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    IMO Machado is the #1 prospect in the system. Right now Bundy is mostly hype.

As soon as eligible, trade him for some prime, Duq! We want to win right now!

jamalshw is offline Plus Members since 4/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK27 View Post
    IMO Machado is the #1 prospect in the system. Right now Bundy is mostly hype.
    I tend to agree. I value professional experience more than some here, apparently. I know most view the rankings as a debate on who has the higher ceiling, but I have grown accustom to players who end up closer to their floor than thier ceiling and, perhaps, that is why I tend to prefer a player with a slightly lower ceiling and a higher floor.