+ Reply to Thread

Eduardo Rodriguez #13 Prospect

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    At 6'2", 174 pounds, it would seem Rodriguez has room to fill out and add velocity, no? It's exciting to see a Venezuelan prospect in our system ranked this high. Don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this guy.

eb45 is offline Aberdeen Reporter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    At 6'2", 174 pounds, it would seem Rodriguez has room to fill out and add velocity, no? It's exciting to see a Venezuelan prospect in our system ranked this high. Don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this guy.
    It would be even better if we had a Venezuelan prospect in the top ten. Maybe an excellent defensive catcher with power potential. That would really be something.

LookinUp is offline Plus Member Since 6/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I'm assuming that the case. Without some projectablilty, I don't see any reason to have him rated over other guys on this list.

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by eb45 View Post
    It would be even better if we had a Venezuelan prospect in the top ten. Maybe an excellent defensive catcher with power potential. That would really be something.
    Good point! Actually, we have three of our top 13 propects from international signings -- how many years has it been since that happened? I'll be interested to see if anyone else from the internaitonal group makes the top 30.

Good point! Actually, we have three of our top 13 propects from international signings -- how many years has it been since that happened? I'll be interested to see if anyone else from the internaitonal group makes the top 30.
    I know Tony is not high on Bernadina, but I think there's a good chance he sneaks in there.

If Tony wants to err toward upside with these kids then I think Veloz deserves to be in the 15-25 range.

Quote Originally Posted by RVAbird View Post
    I know Tony is not high on Bernadina, but I think there's a good chance he sneaks in there.

If Tony wants to err toward upside with these kids then I think Veloz deserves to be in the 15-25 range.
    How about Miguel Chalas? You commented before that he would get "docked for size," but might he sneak onto the list?

How about Miguel Chalas? You commented before that he would get "docked for size," but might he sneak onto the list?
    It depends on the scout you hear from and what he/she values. I liked what I saw, but I can't say he's likely to project as a starter in MLB. So, despite the fact that Miguel throws in the mid-90s, we're ultimately talking about a six foot, 19 year old reliever with 1.5 pitches who has only thrown four innings in a pro stadium.

I like him as a middle reliever. There's a lot of effort in the delivery but his mechanics are clean. That's probably good for a C/C+ prospect grade based mostly on velo. So, yeah, I think a case can be made for his appearance on a top 30 list.