+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    Who exactly is overrating the Lakers? They are a lousy road team.

The Media. Smart fans know they aren't a championship type team, at least right now they aren't. They need to make some moves if they want to compete for a title this year.

I have to say it is night and day watching this Wizards team right now compared to when Flip Saunders was running the team. Randy Wittman has been able to get these guys to play harder. Not saying they should keep him, but watching this team is much easier now than it was before.

clapdiddy is offline Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOriole View Post
    I have to say it is night and day watching this Wizards team right now compared to when Flip Saunders was running the team. Randy Wittman has been able to get these guys to play harder. Not saying they should keep him, but watching this team is much easier now than it was before.
    It also helps to have a guy like Nene there. The guy plays with a lot of heart and I think the rest of the team feeds off that. I don't think it's any coincidence that Seraphin has seemed to take off a bit since Nene's acquisition. It's a shame that Booker has the injury as I like watching him work around the basket.

I think with a good pick in the draft and maybe a couple of nice FA acquisitions, they could get a lot better, really fast. They obviously need someone that can create and get to the basket, but can also play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    It also helps to have a guy like Nene there. The guy plays with a lot of heart and I think the rest of the team feeds off that. I don't think it's any coincidence that Seraphin has seemed to take off a bit since Nene's acquisition. It's a shame that Booker has the injury as I like watching him work around the basket.

I think with a good pick in the draft and maybe a couple of nice FA acquisitions, they could get a lot better, really fast. They obviously need someone that can create and get to the basket, but can also play defense.
    Yes, Nene has made a big difference. What if they get the top overall pick? Gotta go Anthony Davis. Kind of like:

PG Wall
    SG Crawford
    SF Singleton
    PF Davis
    C Nene

That is a good defensive team with Booker, Vesely, Seraphin, and Mason on reserve...the free agents aren't really good for wings.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOriole View Post
    Yes, Nene has made a big difference. What if they get the top overall pick? Gotta go Anthony Davis. Kind of like:

PG Wall
    SG Crawford
    SF Singleton
    PF Davis
    C Nene

That is a good defensive team with Booker, Vesely, Seraphin, and Mason on reserve...the free agents aren't really good for wings.
    Agree that would be a good defensive team, but Singleton just doesn't do it for me. It's a shame they can't target someone with a little more athleticism and creativity at the SF position.

Quote Originally Posted by clapdiddy View Post
    Agree that would be a good defensive team, but Singleton just doesn't do it for me. It's a shame they can't target someone with a little more athleticism and creativity at the SF position.
    Agreed...I wish Booker was two inches taller and a legit power forward...Harrison Barnes at SF, I think he is going to be an excellent pro.

If we could some how overpay and get Eric Gordon, then draft MKG, maybe a productive college proven big man in the 2nd and another pure shooter, I'd be real pumped. Something like...

Wall/Mack
    Gordon/Crawford/Buford
    MKG/Singleton/Vesely
    Booker/Seraphin
    Nene/Fab Melo

Amnesty Blatche and buy out Lewis.

MikeAD is offline Plus Member Since 07/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

MikeAD is offline Plus Member Since 07/06 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Can_of_corn is offline Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAD View Post
    It is the part of the season where tanking for draft position is a high priority.

Wizards have beaten the Bulls and Bucks recently. They'll still have a good shot at getting the #1 overall pick and the future is looking quasi-bright once the last two bad deals (Blatche and Lewis) get off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Cerrano View Post
    Wizards have beaten the Bulls and Bucks recently. They'll still have a good shot at getting the #1 overall pick and the future is looking quasi-bright once the last two bad deals (Blatche and Lewis) get off the books.
    Really impressed with the way Seraphin and Crawford have been playing lately. Adding Nene was a very good move. If they can make one really good pick near the top of the draft and make a couple of astute trades/signings, things could really be looking up for them next season.

Araqnid is offline Plus Memeber since 7/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I don't follow basketball too much, but it seems to me that the Wiz are in a pretty good spot. They seem to have gotten rid of a lot of the lesser character guys and the young team seems to be responding very well to Wittman. I think you get Davis or Kidd-Gilchrest in here, maybe one other decent, high-character FA, this team could do some damage next year.