+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moose Milligan is offline Plus Member Since 06/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Let's go draft pick!

I thought we had a shot against the Jets today...but thats why you play 60 minutes and not 50.

Anyway, the Patriots will kill us next weekend, I'm glad I've got a photoshoot that day and I won't get to watch it. Though the sadomasochistic part of me kinda wants to see how bad we get embarrased.

Giants, Vikings, Eagles. Can't beat the Giants. I think we've got a shot against the Vikings.

Eagles are a wildcard. They have an awful record but we never play them well and we're playing in their stadium.

At best we go 2-2 with wins over the Vikings and Eagles. Realistically, I think we go 1-3.

I'm all about getting a good draft pick now, I don't care. We need a QB.

Winning last week hurt us. I was hoping Minn could prevail against Denver today... Alas, the Tebow Train appears to be unstoppable.

Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    My thoughts have been on getting a good draft pick since Week 6. Last week's game was disappointing, as I knew it would just be a pointless win that could hurt their draft stock. I'm okay with 4-12 so hopefully something can be salvaged.

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I hope their draftpick likes to smoke a lot of weed so he can sit four games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    My thoughts have been on getting a good draft pick since Week 6. Last week's game was disappointing, as I knew it would just be a pointless win that could hurt their draft stock. I'm okay with 4-12 so hopefully something can be salvaged.
    This. Last week I was actually mad that we won. I've been looking to next year for weeks.

Things worked out pretty well today with the Cards, Dolphins, and Chiefs winning.

The Browns won't win again this year so they are going to end up with 4. I doubt STL, Minn, or Jacksonville get to 4 wins. Last week hurt you winning that game. You'll prob be outside the top 5 which leaves it highy unlikely you'll be able to get Barkley even with most of those teams having young Qbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbird View Post
    The Browns won't win again this year so they are going to end up with 4. I doubt STL, Minn, or Jacksonville get to 4 wins. Last week hurt you winning that game. You'll prob be outside the top 5 which leaves it highy unlikely you'll be able to get Barkley even with most of those teams having young Qbs.
    Possibly. I'll be good with Robert Griffin III, though.

backwardsk is online now Plus Member Since 3/08 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by mweb View Post
    I like that guy. I like him a lot. I still think Barkley may be in play when the redskins pick.

Jax does play Indy, so they may get to four wins. Cleveland has a shot at Arizona, but other than that, they are stuck on four wins. Blackman would be a good target for a lot of the poor teams- Seattle, Carolina, Cleveland, Minnesota, jacksonville.

I believe the Skins hold the tie breaker among the 4 win teams so in theory, if they lose out, they will finish with nothing worse than the 5th pick. They will move up to 4th if Jax beats San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Floater View Post
    I believe the Skins hold the tie breaker among the 4 win teams so in theory, if they lose out, they will finish with nothing worse than the 5th pick. They will move up to 4th if Jax beats San Diego.
    If the redskins lose out, there's a decent chance that minny will have 4 wins because they play Washington and the bears at home to wrap up the season.

Don Quixote is offline Plus Member Since 4/10 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Last week I was waiting and hoping for that usually inevitable collapse, and I was livid when it didn't materialize. The Redskins get a pitiful win in Seattle without any beneficial side effects...where was that win in the '05 or '07 playoffs? Ugh....

Jacksonville may get to four wins tomorrow night, but with the Redskins' luck it will end up being a "statement game" for the Chargers, although I'm not sure how a 4-7 team gets one of those. They still have chances for wins against Tampa Bay and Indianapolis. St. Louis will probably lose out. Minnesota will probably go 1-3 or 0-4, if the Redskins actually manage to defeat them. If the Vikings beat the Redskins, last week would loom even larger, with both teams likely sitting on three wins at the time.

If the Redskins lose out, have the opportunity to pick a decent to good quarterback early, and don't follow through, that might be the last straw for me when it comes to watching the team.

I might have until he got a concussion last week. Now I probably wouldn't touch him...just in case. Once you get one, it's 50% easier to get another.

Quote Originally Posted by allstar1579 View Post
    I might have until he got a concussion last week. Now I probably wouldn't touch him...just in case. Once you get one, it's 50% easier to get another.
    I wouldn't pass on a potentially great QB because of that.

I wouldn't pass on a potentially great QB because of that.
    A potentially great qb with potential to never be anything because of health concerns. I'd rather go with the equally talented healthy guys.