glenn__davis is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfrombelair View Post
    Per Connolly:

"Orioles have given up a minor league pitcher and a PTBNL."
    We're actually going to give up 2 players for him??

Why?

I'm usually one to preach against over-reacting, but this is a really puzzling move. What is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo81 View Post
    There is no Dana only Zuul!
    I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    This sucks.
    Very rare to see LJ throw a statement like that around. That should tell ya something.

Dagger420 is offline Plus Member Since 01/11 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    Classic twitter post. Just get it out first, details be dammed.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...velada01.shtml

Looks to be in first year of arbitration.
    LOL! his Number 1 stat comparison is Brian Burres!

jamalshw is offline Plus Members since 4/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredofLosing20 View Post
    Anybody miss this guy yet?

I was actually just thinking the same thing! Is it too late to get him back? He may have been slower than a three-toed sloth, but at least the deals he made had some logical backing. UGH!!!

fansince71 is offline Plus Member Since 08/05 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    So we could of gotten him for free when he was non tendered but instead we are giving up two players? Awesome!

Scrat1 is offline Plus Member since 6/2008 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    You guys aren't seeing DD's master plan. Eveland is super BFFs with Fielder and now we're going to get Prince for, like, 4/80. Wait for it.

JohnnyK27 is offline Plus Member Since 01/08 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredofLosing20 View Post
    Anybody miss this guy yet?

He still has Peter's ear .... We could have had Clark in the rule 5 ....But we added another ex-Cub Flaherty. (Another guy not worth the $50,000 it will cost when they cut him in April.)

erb8472 is offline Plus Member Since 03/04 - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    When is the press conference?

Someone please get DD to his flight before he makes another trade.

GoldGlove21 is offline Plus Member since 7/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn__davis View Post
    We're actually going to give up 2 players for him??

Why?

I'm usually one to preach against over-reacting, but this is a really puzzling move. What is the point?
    It looks like we will give up Henry and Miclat in the TT deal. I am afraid to see what we give up for Eveland as the non-PTBNL. The PTBNL could be based on performance to some degree as well. My best guess is that we are not going to be happy with the pitcher that we gave up for him. All of these low key moves has me thinking that we are saving some money for a big strike.

Britt i think has lost her mind or DD and her are a little too close because there is no way dana eveland helps us at all, he is the reincarnation of Brian Buress, lance cormier, garret olson ... im just at a loss for words on what actually goes through the minds of the orioles front office

According to Connolly, the minor league pitcher is Jarrett Martin.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=martin003jar

Honestly, what did everyone expect? When a team is not willing to part with:
    - Core players
    - Young pitchers other than Tillman, Bergy, Berken
    - The 3 or 4 legitimate prospects in the minors

Sure ain't going to get much in return.