Between Albuquerque and LA, Eveland actually had a pretty decent year in 2011. Much better than the rest of his career.

This is great! We needed more competition for #8 starting pitcher.

GoldGlove21 is offline Plus Member since 7/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateO View Post

It appears Duquette likes to make trades just for the sake of making trades.
    I will hold my opinion until I find out what we gave up for him, but I would imagine that there will be value there. If we gave up someone like Martin for him I am going to lose my mind.

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
    According to Connolly, the minor league pitcher is Jarrett Martin.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=martin003jar
    Are you f'ing kidding me? The Orioles actually traded someone that has that good of an arm and carries the potential to be a real contributor?

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown View Post
    Between Albuquerque and LA, Eveland actually had a pretty decent year in 2011. Much better than the rest of his career.
    HE WAS 28!!! Of course he had a good year in the minors...It was like his 100th pro season!!

eb45 is offline Aberdeen Reporter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
    According to Connolly, the minor league pitcher is Jarrett Martin.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=martin003jar
    This doesn't make any sense.

33rdst is offline Plus Member since 11/03 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Does this make you begin to question DD's judgement?

I mean thank goodness there wasn't a leak on this deal it may have fallen through.

This can't be the deal. Can it?

It's like Lewis Black getting a Dreidel instead of a horse for Hanuka.

BRobinsonfan is offline Plus Member since 05/04 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    Not a good baseman name at all. Surprised he even got drafted with a name like that.
    Hey... at least its better than "Teagarden."

GoldGlove21 is offline Plus Member since 7/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by gtown View Post
    Yeah, but 30 innings is a small sample size for a guy whoe was ROCKED in 2009 and 2010. Adding arms makes sense if we are looking to fill the #5 spot through competition. Filling the #4 and #5 through competition is not something that I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldGlove21 View Post
    I will hold my opinion until I find out what we gave up for him, but I would imagine that there will be value there. If we gave up someone like Martin for him I am going to lose my mind.
    That's EXACTLY who we gave up...plus a PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    Why would you give up ANYTHING for him? I don't care if they traded a 26 y/o single A pitcher. Just out of principle, why would you trade anything for a guy this bad?
    Because a guy who can start in the major leagues, even if he's an up down depth starter has some value. Now, it depends on his arbitration number, but I don't see the issue if we traded away a D prospect for him. His fangraph pitch values are not terrible so who knows. He's better than Jo Jo Reyes according to his pitch values. and yes, I know that's not saying much but to me, they can cut Reyes and give the money to Eveland for all I care.

I'll say it again: Duqette is making trades just for the sake of making trades.

At least with MacPhail we knew we'd get back a good haul.

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by eb45 View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.
    http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_...d-shortly.html

Swinging him elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    Thank Jeebus.

Slappy is offline Plus Member Since 07/09 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    Are you f'ing kidding me? The Orioles actually traded someone that has that good of an arm and carries the potential to be a real contributor?
    Look, I'm not excited about the trade either, but Martin will be lucky to have a career as good as Eveland's. Ultimately, this is just a trade that's not that big of adeal.