Bye Bye to Danny O'Brien?

Floater

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interesting part here is that I saw yesterday that Locksley plans to run a pro-style offense, which would seem to be much more suited to DOB's strengths than what Crowton ran. Lord help us if they expect CJ Brown to be the QB in that kind of system. Might as well install the triple-option during spring practice now.

Losing DOB would suck, but let's remember, as bad as the offense was last year, O'Brien was pretty bad as well. A bad offense doesn't make you inaccurate. I was hoping the change to Locksley would convince him to stay. Maybe he'll still stay, who knows?

Losing DOB would suck, but let's remember, as bad as the offense was last year, O'Brien was pretty bad as well. A bad offense doesn't make you inaccurate. I was hoping the change to Locksley would convince him to stay. Maybe he'll still stay, who knows?

But the flip side to that argument is the year before they changed the offense he was amazing, so I guess it's a chicken or the egg debate, did he have a bad year because of the changes and him not getting along with the coach, or was he just going to have a bad year either way? My money is on the coach who never should have been able to jump straight from UCONN to the ACC.

But the flip side to that argument is the year before they changed the offense he was amazing, so I guess it's a chicken or the egg debate, did he have a bad year because of the changes and him not getting along with the coach, or was he just going to have a bad year either way? My money is on the coach who never should have been able to jump straight from UCONN to the ACC.

Eh, he was good his freshman year, but I think it's overstated a bit. Had a completion percentage of 57%. He did have a nice TD/INT ratio, particualry for a freshman. But he also had Torrey Smith on that team, who caught 12 of his 22 TDs.

I admit I am using hindsight, but just as there was reason to be enthusiastic about DOB going into last year, there was also reason to temper some of that enthusiasm.

I am with Tony. I would hate for DOB to leave, but he is not the MD program. If he goes, we'll see a lot o CJB and the two freshmen coming in will certainly be licking their chops.

BTW, I don't think it is at all a given that he would transfer to Vanderbilt. I think James Franklin is pretty happy with Jordan Rodgers, DOB would not waltz right in there as QB1.

DOB is a decent QB who had one pretty good year and one not so good year. I'm not sure why he gets so overrated...maybe it's because he was surrounded by so little talent that he seemed better than he was (sort of like the least ugly girl in a group of really ugly girls). He would have been better in a pro style offense than he was in whatever that offense was the ran last year. But he's not the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Archived