+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bold statement of 2012!

Hello all! I read this forum everyday and dont claim to know nearly as much as everyone else on here. I truly appreciate the knowledge and learn more each passing day but to my point. I'm saying my "bold" statement for our 2012 season and want to hear everyone else's.

I say that if Arrieta stays healthy he can reach 15 wins this year....

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OsAreSick View Post
    Hello all! I read this forum everyday and dont claim to know nearly as much as everyone else on here. I truly appreciate the knowledge and learn more each passing day but to my point. I'm saying my "bold" statement for our 2012 season and want to hear everyone else's.

Welcome Jake, hows the elbow?

I don't think that's all that bold really. Arrieta won 10 games last year while pitching with pain and only appearing in half of his potential starts - wasn't he out from like mid-July on?

I think he can certainly win 15 games for this team next year if healthy, and I look forward to watching him pitch.

There will be several extremely encouraging winning streaks spread throughout the season that gets us close to .500 - but maybe 2-4 games under.

TheBee is offline Plus Member since 12/08 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Matt Wieters has an All-Star caliber season and also becomes the David Hasselhoff of the Asian world after the release of his new album, Goose Creek Gigolo - "鵝溪舞男"

Hello all! I read this forum everyday and dont claim to know nearly as much as everyone else on here.
    I can assure you that you know at least as much as many on this forum.

There are many examples but consider a few years back virtually this entire forum was whipped into a frenzy about the Orioles not playing an outfielder named Jon Knott. If only they weren't so a stupid an organization Knott would be in left field everyday. Only the Orioles would be stupid enough not to play Jon Knott, who was destined to be a credible star according to those on this forum who knew more than the Orioles coaches, scouts and managment.

Jon Knott was eventually released, and he never made it with any other organization. His picture is now on the side of milk cartons. Of course we all know it was Angelos's fault.

Your prediction of 15 wins for Arietta is credible. It wouldn't surprise me, and I'm sure it's a minimum goal of his and the teams.

Todd-O is offline Plus Member since 02/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Not to burst the OP's bubble... but I don't think that's a very bold statement. Jake pitched decently well last year while he was playing - 10 wins - with pain. No reason why he shouldn't increase.

A real bold statement would be that THREE pitchers on the staff will hit 15 wins this year:

1) Arrieta
    2) Chen
    3) Britton

Or some thing along those lines. ;-)
    Last edited by Todd-O; 02-19-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Can_of_corn is online now Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    The Yankees and the Red Sox miss the playoffs as the WC comes out of the AL West.

(Bold statement not valid if MLB adds WC team for 2012 season).

TheBee is offline Plus Member since 12/08 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hang10 View Post
    I can assure you that you know at least as much as many on this forum.

There are many examples but consider a few years back virtually this entire forum was whipped into a frenzy about the Orioles not playing an outfielder named Jon Knott. If only they weren't so a stupid an organization Knott would be in left field everyday. Only the Orioles would be stupid enough not to play Jon Knott, who was destined to be a credible star according to those on this forum who knew more than the Orioles coaches, scouts and managment.

Jon Knott was eventually released, and he never made it with any other organization. His picture is now on the side of milk cartons. Of course we all know it was Angelos's fault.

Your prediction of 15 wins for Arietta is credible. It wouldn't surprise me, and I'm sure it's a minimum goal of his and the teams.
    Knott was a poor man's Jason Dubois

At this time in the interest of full disclosure the Bee thought the Orioles should trade for Wily Mo Pena.

Todd-O is offline Plus Member since 02/12 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Can_of_corn View Post
    The Yankees and the Red Sox miss the playoffs as the WC comes out of the AL West.

(Bold statement not valid if MLB adds WC team for 2012 season).
    Just going to edit this for fun:

Yankees and the Red Sox miss the playoffs as the WC comes out of the AL EAST.

That would be awesome and insane!

oriole is offline Plus Member since 01/12 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    My bold statement is the Orioles have three 30 home run guys (Jones, Reynolds, Wieters), three 20 home run guys (Hardy, Davis, Reimold), and that the team ERA will be league average.

sangar is offline Plus Member Since 7/08 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Andino will be World Series MVP.

THAT'S a bold statement.

My bold prediction:

The Orioles will end up with 2 All-Stars this year (Wieters and Jones) and will have one more on the final vote ballot (Jim Johnson).

After 2 straight years where the no one had nore than 86 RBIs in a season, this year we will have 2 break the 100 RBI mark. That has only happened twice in that last 10 years (2004 & 2008).

El Gordo is offline Plus member since 6/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    My bold prediction: Matt Wieters has breakout year with the bat and is O's MVP. Stealth prediction: Wada is big surprise of rotation and wins 14.