Red Sox:

51 Middlebrooks

58 Bogaerts

72 Swihart

Orioles:

10 Bundy

11 Machado

82 Schoop

According to Steve over at MASN Bridwell is the only O's prospect to even get a vote outside of the big three.

Arguable that O's have as much (and in some cases, more than) high end talents. It's the quality after these 3 prospects where O's suffer most in comparisons versus AL East.

Arguable that O's have as much (and in some cases, more than) high end talents. It's the quality after these 3 prospects where O's suffer most in comparisons versus AL East.

No doubt. I note that Kevin Goldstein had Brandon Jacobs and Ryan Lavernway of the Sox and Noah Syndergaard of the Jays in his top 100.

Rays:

2 Moore

44 Lee

89 Archer

90 Guerreri

Jays:

17 D'Arnaud

39 Gose

67 Marisnick

91 Norris

Yankees:

29 Banuelos

63 Betances

81 Sanchez

85 Williams

Red Sox:

51 Middlebrooks

58 Bogaerts

72 Swihart

Orioles:

10 Bundy

11 Machado

82 Schoop

Not tooooo bad. We tend to have the quality over the quantity. Yes I realize there is a fairly significant drop off after these three. That side by side comp has been worse in the past. Rays are just great at scouting and development.

Great top-end talent (2 in Top 11 is nothing to scoff at), but as we all know, depth is a problem.

Let's hope Bundy and Machado bring the deliverance. Otherwise we'll be in trouble for the foreseeable future.

Right, if Bundy, Schoop and Machado don't produce the way we expect them to, there is no "Plan B" lol. Looks like the O's would be sunk in that case, unfortunately.:(

Right, if Bundy, Schoop and Machado don't produce the way we expect them to, there is no "Plan B" lol. Looks like the O's would be sunk in that case, unfortunately.:(

There is no "plan B" right now, but Bundy was only drafted last year. We can add another high end talent in this draft as well. If we can develop some of these high end guys like Delmonico and Bridwell, that will be a plan B. Not to mention Dan Klein was going to be very solid before his injury, we also drafted Esposito in the 2nd round who could emerge as a top 100 talent this year.

There is no "plan B" right now, but Bundy was only drafted last year. We can add another high end talent in this draft as well. If we can develop some of these high end guys like Delmonico and Bridwell, that will be a plan B. Not to mention Dan Klein was going to be very solid before his injury, we also drafted Esposito in the 2nd round who could emerge as a top 100 talent this year.

That's true - I guess since I'm not a big prospect guy i sometimes forget about the high-risk, high-upside guys in the system. I tend to focus mostly on guys who either have phenomenal upside, or are close to the majors.

The #4 pick should be a top 100 guy next year, and you are absolutely correct, plan B is in place, but they are further away than most people can see. You have to be really into the draft and minors to see those guys when they are in short season and low A ball. You're absolutely right though, Nicky and Birdwell have some real potential, Klein IF he can come back healthy will be productive in SOME role, but I think you should temper things about Esposito. GREAT glove, but I'm not a huge believer in the bat. I'm watching him closer than others this year and hope he makes some strides, but he's got a LOT of work to do right now. Defensively I'd start him in the majors tomorrow and he'd be top 10-20%.

think you should temper things about Esposito. GREAT glove, but I'm not a huge believer in the bat. I'm watching him closer than others this year and hope he makes some strides, but he's got a LOT of work to do right now. Defensively I'd start him in the majors tomorrow and he'd be top 10-20%.

A guy with a plus glove at 3B has a good chance to make it to the majors, IMO. I hope the O's can get him straightened out with the bat.

A guy with a plus glove at 3B has a good chance to make it to the majors, IMO. I hope the O's can get him straightened out with the bat.

"Getting to the Majors" is less an issue than "being a first division starter". Watch Matt Dominguez and how Florida handles him and his potential as an everyday player. He's probably a better defender than Esposito, but a reasonable comp for what you might expect as "likely outcome" for Espo.

If you think Dominguez is tolerable as an everyday MLer, than you will probably be okay with Esposito (this assuming Esposito's profile doesn't drastically change).

Archived