+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pomplamoose > Beyonce

ThisIsOurHouse is offline Plus Member since 01/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation
    Jolene Zac Brown Band

Icterus galbula is offline Plus Member since 12/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    As much as I love the original by THE GEORGE HARRISON, I think Nina Simone's version is as at least on par, if not better. Ignore the dog, listen all the way through, and then tell me if I'm wrong or crazy.

Natalie Cole in the style of Aretha. Bruce cover.

Song has a slightly different meaning depending on if it's sung by a man or a woman... just sayin'......

Gurgi is offline Plus Member Since 6/05 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by scOtt View Post
    Natalie Cole in the style of Aretha. Bruce cover.
    Song has a slightly different meaning depending on if it's sung by a man or a woman... just sayin'......
    Much like the meaning of Sheena Eastons "Sugar Walls"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8WZ-Ba-gps

I can never post video correctly, but I would like to add Nirvana's unplugged version of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night". Way better than the original by Leadbelly. Also, check out The Gourds version of Gin and Juice.

Lucky Jim is offline Plus Member since 12/06 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

crissfan172 is offline Plus Member since 12/10 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNitro View Post
    I can never post video correctly, but I would like to add Nirvana's unplugged version of "Where Did You Sleep Last Night". Way better than the original by Leadbelly. Also, check out The Gourds version of Gin and Juice.
    Here you go:

Last edited by crissfan172; 03-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.

crissfan172 is offline Plus Member since 12/10 Hall of Fame Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    If only because I used to think these were originals (and better than the covers by The Clash and Pearl Jam respectively):

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Jim View Post
    Totally agree. I don't know what was going on in Minneapolis in the early 80's, but Husker Du, The Replacements, Soul Asylum, Prince, and The Time, for my money, out-Seattles Seattle. Having said that, my choice is from the Pacific Northwest. Soundgarden's "Into The Void" totally outshines (see what I did there?) Black Sabbath. And while I usually defer to Motown originals, Rod Stewart's version of "I Know I'm Losing You" is better than The Temptations.